Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old Yesterday, 03:52 AM   #1
Roos
Groupie
Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Scribe, Phone
Litrpg or Portal Progression book series, complete ones

I am loving reading (at the moment) Litrpg and Portal Progression series, but most seem to be not finished, quite a few even with probably a never ending slew of books still coming in the future.

Unfortunately I do not have that time anymore, heard a few weeks ago that my cancer is untreatable, and as such, am running against a clock.

So now i want to (desperately, as reading is my escape valve) read good series in this genre, but i do not want to mis the end, because it will not be written before, well, I have to turn my last and final page, so now i am looking for recommendations of good and great series that are complete or are near that (last part coming this year, as i hopefully have that much time left.

Thanks!
Roos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:58 AM   #2
DrNefario
Wizard
DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Touch, Nook SimpleTouch
It's tricky to know which series are complete, since I haven't read many to the end (and honestly I suspect a lot of the ongoing series lose steam after a few books, just like TV shows that get run into the ground), but here are a couple of suggestions:

The Euphoria Online series by Phil Tucker, starting with Death March - This is a trapped-in-VR story. It's a complete trilogy of fairly short books, and I enjoyed it.

The Mage Errant series by John Bierce, starting with Into the Labyrinth - This is a straight secondary world progression fantasy, starting with a magic school. No portals or VR, so maybe not what you're looking for. I also had to check whether this was actually complete, since I am reading book 5 of 7 right now, but it does appear that book 7 is the finale. I can't say whether it sticks the landing, but I have enjoyed it so far.

If I think of any more I will add them.
DrNefario is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Yesterday, 08:06 AM   #3
Roos
Groupie
Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Scribe, Phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrNefario View Post
It's tricky to know which series are complete, since I haven't read many to the end (and honestly I suspect a lot of the ongoing series lose steam after a few books, just like TV shows that get run into the ground), but here are a couple of suggestions:

The Euphoria Online series by Phil Tucker, starting with Death March - This is a trapped-in-VR story. It's a complete trilogy of fairly short books, and I enjoyed it.

The Mage Errant series by John Bierce, starting with Into the Labyrinth - This is a straight secondary world progression fantasy, starting with a magic school. No portals or VR, so maybe not what you're looking for. I also had to check whether this was actually complete, since I am reading book 5 of 7 right now, but it does appear that book 7 is the finale. I can't say whether it sticks the landing, but I have enjoyed it so far.

If I think of any more I will add them.
Thank you! Euphoria Online was not on my radar, ill add all 3 books to my Kindle right away Mage Errant was devoured last year
Roos is offline   Reply With Quote