Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 04-27-2017, 07:34 AM   #1
grognon91
grognon91 began at the beginning.

Device: PW2
Reset the Koreader settings on Kindle

Hello.

I modified some settings to test Koreader, including the font size, the landscape view and enable scroll among others.

Now I can't reach the toolbar during books reading.

When I try to click on top of the page (so in landscape mode, it is the left side of the kindle), this makes the Kindle go on the home page.
Same when I try to click with my right thumb (so in landscape mode, it is top side of the Kindle) it makes the Kindle go in his basics settings.

It is as if both the Koreader GUI and the normal Kindle GUI were enabled during books reading (I can still scroll the text, but clicking on a side will make normal Kindle GUI actions and kick me out of Koreader).

So anyone knows how I can reset the Koreader to factory settings ? I tried deleting the koreader/ and extensions/koreader folders and then unzipping again the archive, but I m still in landscape mode and the problem is still here.

Thanks for your help
grognon91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 11:04 AM   #2
Alan_S
Evangelist
Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura ONE
If you're on latest koreader, now you access menu by swiping from up to down, not by tapping top of the screen.
Alan_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 12:15 PM   #3
grognon91
grognon91 began at the beginning.

Device: PW2
I must not be on latest Koreader since I access menu by just clicking on top for other books.

I found the answer.
Again, I deleted the koreader/ and extensions/koreader folders and then unzipped the Koreader archive to the root of my Kindle.
This time I also deleted the epub book and loaded the fresh-downloaded from internet version on my Kindle.
The reading settings for this book were back to default settings this time.
(Could it be the readting settings are saved in the epub file of the book, and not in a config file in koreader folder ?)
grognon91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 01:40 PM   #4
trekk
Terraner
trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Aura One, Kindle Oasis 1 & 2 ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by grognon91 View Post
The reading settings for this book were back to default settings this time.
(Could it be the readting settings are saved in the epub file of the book, and not in a config file in koreader folder ?)
I guess you deleted not only the ebook but also the corresponding sdr folder.

When you open a book in KoReader, a sdr folder is created (nameofebookfile.sdr). Inside this folder you will find a metadata.epub.lua, in which some settings are saved, e.g. bookmarks, font-size etc.

Deleting the file means you will loose all this information.
trekk is offline   Reply With Quote