Notices

Old 11-26-2011, 09:53 PM   #1
kysenramses
Book Nerd
kysenramses doesn't litterkysenramses doesn't litter

Device: Nvidia Shield; Samsung Galaxy S4
Books Disappearing from Correct Order in 'Last Read' List

Hi all,

Long time reader, first time poster--this forum has been a great help and I thought I'd go to you with this!

I sort my books in the Kobo library by the 'last read' option. I'm one of those anal people that like having a lot of control over what books show up in the five spots in the Mosaic view of the Kobo widget. (As an aside, do I ever miss the shortlist function that is part of the Kobo Touch!)

Today, I opened one of my sideloaded books that was one of the last five I read...and it not only didn't become the first, but it went to the bottom of the list! I tried a few others and the same thing happened. To find the book I now have to either resort by title or scroll all the way down to the bottom of the list in the Kobo library.

I also tried deleting the sideloaded book and reimporting it, with the same result--and it didn't show up at the top of the 'last read' list when imported (as new books did in the past).

It's not like the books are vanishing--they're still there, and they're still registering where I left off in the book, but OMG is it annoying...and it just started today (post update).

Is anyone else having this problem, and does anyone have any idea how to fix it?
kysenramses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 10:53 PM   #2
dmacmart
Fanatic
dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Glo, Arc, H2O, iPhone, iPad 2, (husband)Touch
I had something similar. Turned out for some reason my clock thought it was 1998 or something so the date on th bookmarks was making them sort wrong. So check your date in case that is what happened.

Only happened once and I'm not sure how.
dmacmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 11:23 PM   #3
kysenramses
Book Nerd
kysenramses doesn't litterkysenramses doesn't litter

Device: Nvidia Shield; Samsung Galaxy S4
Smile

You rock like a rocking thing--thank you! It did indeed think it was October 1 2011...

kysenramses is offline   Reply With Quote