Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-26-2011, 07:42 AM   #106
Thasaidon
Hedge Wizard
Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Simple
Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
I have been following / commenting in numerous threads concerning the best font. I see the same things coming up again and again and again.

Perhaps you could start a Wiki page with the commented list of fonts and then start discussion. If several people submit their favorites (I certainly will), free, not-quite-free and also commercial we could cover quite a lot of options.
Then when there is new thread about fonts, we could just point people to our wiki.

Wiki is accessible through the link at the top of this page.
That is a good idea I will try and get something put together over the next week or so. I am surprised that something like it does not exist already.
Thasaidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 10:57 AM   #107
rashkae
Wizard
rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCotton View Post
How do you do that, increase the line spacing? I have seen people use these together:

p { line-height: 130% }
div { line-height: 130% }

Do you need both?
Some books define their paragrahs with <p> </p> containers. Others use a <div> </div> container. You only need to use the one that applies to the book you're modifying, but including both doesn't hurt and covers most comon scenarios.

Yet other books define their own line-height in a 'class' for their paragraphs, and those will need to have their css custom modified to change.
rashkae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 02:16 PM   #108
seajewel
Fanatic
seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Sony PRS-950
Also hoping Delphin comes back some day with the full version of NimbusMod. or did I miss a new thread? I'm super excited to try some of these fonts on my new PRS-350 waiting for me at home. Amasis looks good..
seajewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 03:31 PM   #109
snarkophilus
Wannabe Connoisseur
snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura 2, Sony PRS-T1, Sony PRS-350, Palm TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by seajewel View Post
Amasis looks good..
This is my current font on my 350. I was using Charis for a while, but since looking at Amasis I've been really happy and haven't thought about switching back.

Cheers,
Simon.
snarkophilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 11:39 PM   #110
BCotton
Connoisseur
BCotton doesn't litterBCotton doesn't litterBCotton doesn't litter

Device: Boox M90, Sony PRS-300, PB360+, HP Touchpad
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thasaidon View Post
Is this a free or a proprietary font? I did a quick search but was unable to find it. Have you got a link?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nimbus_Roman_No9_L. Looks like this is the font Delphin modified.

I made bold and bold italic of Delphin's Nimbusmod. I use this font on my Boox M90, looks very good. I dont use it on my PRS-300 because of the small display, more space between letters so displays less text. I feel GeorgiaEink is better for the smaller screen.
BCotton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 04:50 PM   #111
seajewel
Fanatic
seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Sony PRS-950
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCotton View Post
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nimbus_Roman_No9_L. Looks like this is the font Delphin modified.

I made bold and bold italic of Delphin's Nimbusmod. I use this font on my Boox M90, looks very good. I dont use it on my PRS-300 because of the small display, more space between letters so displays less text. I feel GeorgiaEink is better for the smaller screen.
Would you be able to share the version with bold and bold italic? I really liked NimbusMod but couldn't do without the full fonts..
seajewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 07:05 PM   #112
SF&F Reader
Groupie
SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!SF&F Reader rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kobo Touch, Blackberry Playbook, Samsung Galaxy SII HD LTE
I've been using Nimbusmod mixed with bold and italic versions of regular Nimbus Roman, and it works, but I'd like to try out your version as well.
SF&F Reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 01:43 AM   #113
BCotton
Connoisseur
BCotton doesn't litterBCotton doesn't litterBCotton doesn't litter

Device: Boox M90, Sony PRS-300, PB360+, HP Touchpad
I have attached the fonts. These are OTF. I converted them because the Boox M90 takes only OTFs. I do not remember how many "em's" I added to the weight. Hope the bold fonts are heavy enough for you. I am not sure about things like hinting. However, these fonts render very well on both M90 an PRS-300 with no jagged edges.
Attached Files
File Type: zip NimbusM.zip (298.8 KB, 421 views)
BCotton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 05:20 AM   #114
Analogus
Fanatic
Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2x Sony PRS-350; PRS-300 (†), Paperwhite (†), Voyage
NimbusMod:

I think there are some glitches in this font. Have for example a closer look on the 'r' or 'p' in the italic fonts. There are lines crossing over (p) or missing (r). Regular look quite well.

A.
Analogus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 08:40 PM   #115
Guntram
Guntram began at the beginning.

Device: Bookeen Cybook Odyssey
Any news on the Nimbus?
Guntram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 09:03 PM   #116
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
My modified Charis SIL is very nice.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote