Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-29-2011, 04:32 PM   #1
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Kindle DX on Sale at Staples

Fliers are going out showing the Kindle DX at Staples for $299. No idea why but if you have been looking at a DX, this might be a good time to look at one at Staples.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 04:37 PM   #2
kranu
I <3 my Kindle
kranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Device: Kindle 3G + WiFi
Also a good sign that a new one is in development!!!
kranu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 05:22 PM   #3
bZkindle
Fanatic
bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: k2, k3G, kindle DXG, Sony T-1, iPad, iPhone, stone tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
Fliers are going out showing the Kindle DX at Staples for $299. No idea why but if you have been looking at a DX, this might be a good time to look at one at Staples.
I assume you mean the DXG?
Yes, it does kinda sound like a new one might be on the way.
But I wonder why they aren't reduced at amazon?
Also, don't they usually reduce the price until after the new model is released.
bZkindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 05:56 PM   #4
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I don't know if Staples sells the White DX or the DXG.
Old 03-29-2011, 10:34 PM   #5
6charlong
friendly lurker
6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, nook, Apple and Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillipA82 View Post
That's what I was thinking. Can't wait!
I’m thinking a Kindle DX with a Plastic Logic screen, Wifi and/or 3G, in black and white or color, improved PDF support weighing less than a pound. Probably with a touch screen interface.

Okay, maybe I'm dreaming. Amazon hasn't announced anything but I that's the nature of dreams.
6charlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 12:23 AM   #6
kranu
I <3 my Kindle
kranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Device: Kindle 3G + WiFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6charlong View Post
I’m thinking a Kindle DX with a Plastic Logic screen, Wifi and/or 3G, in black and white or color, improved PDF support weighing less than a pound. Probably with a touch screen interface.

Okay, maybe I'm dreaming. Amazon hasn't announced anything but I that's the nature of dreams.
I just want a K3 with a bigger screen. That's all.

Oh and maybe some firmware hacker could figure out how to use the screen as a secondary monitor on Windows (very hard to do, unfortunately).
kranu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 10:28 AM   #7
KayakerNC
Enthusiast
KayakerNC began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Klassic (K1), Kindle 3 wifi & 3G, and Sony Pocket
Strange.
It is the DX-Graphite. Weekly sale paper at Staples $299.
The DX-Graphite is also on sale for $299 at Best Buy, in-store only.
Target and Amazon seem to be both holding at $379.
Is a less expensive Wi-Fi DX coming...wish I had a crystal ball.
KayakerNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 11:44 AM   #8
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
That's not too bad of a price, really. Being in a bigger city, the 3G would be easy to come by. Going to visit family would be a pain if I needed/wanted something new as it's a miracle they get dial-up where they live.

May have to look into this particular deal for the missus.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 11:55 AM   #9
bZkindle
Fanatic
bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: k2, k3G, kindle DXG, Sony T-1, iPad, iPhone, stone tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayakerNC View Post
Strange.
It is the DX-Graphite. Weekly sale paper at Staples $299.
The DX-Graphite is also on sale for $299 at Best Buy, in-store only.
Target and Amazon seem to be both holding at $379.
Is a less expensive Wi-Fi DX coming...wish I had a crystal ball.
Did you check the fine print? Maybe they're refurbs.
80 bucks seems a pretty big drop.
bZkindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 12:37 PM   #10
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
When would one use a DXG over a Kindle 3?
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 12:54 PM   #11
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast

When someone prefers a large screen to a smaller screen. When one is reading a PDF.

It is a personal choice. I prefer the bigger screen to the smaller screen so the DXG replaced the K1 for me.
Old 03-30-2011, 12:55 PM   #12
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcohen View Post
When would one use a DXG over a Kindle 3?
For viewing PDFs or for people who like to read with large fonts and like the added screen real estate.
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 01:17 PM   #13
hellraiser06
Yaabbaa dabba doo
hellraiser06 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!hellraiser06 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!hellraiser06 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!hellraiser06 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!hellraiser06 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!hellraiser06 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!hellraiser06 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!hellraiser06 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!hellraiser06 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!hellraiser06 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!hellraiser06 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kindle Touch wifi, Kindle 3 Wifi, Asus Transformer TF101
LOL, this news is at least 3 days old

http://blog.the-ebook-reader.com/201...-week-for-299/

The offer is available ony in store and not online.
hellraiser06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 03:27 PM   #14
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
I had been considering buying the Kindle DXG for quite a while for reading my many PDFs, but I ended up buying the ipad2 just last night. At this price point, I might have ended up getting the Kindle DXG instead. I'm really, really liking how the ipad is handling PDFs so far, however, so perhaps I made the right choice (and I'm sure that my husband will get a lot of use out of it, as we share all of are techno gadgets)... but still, this sale is so tempting. I imagine it is only in the US, though, eh?
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 05:52 PM   #15
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast

It is only available in stores so I would imagine that it is only available in the US. If you have a friend in the US they could get it for you.

hellraiser06: The point of the topic is to alert people to the sale so they can take advantage of it. It would be silly to assume that folks knew about it based on its being posted in one or two areas.