Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 06-19-2010, 10:05 PM   #1
Stinger
Asha'man
Stinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kobo
A lot more freezing on saves in 0.2.1

Since the 0.2.1 update, I've experiences Sigil freezing when I try to save changes to an epub with alarming frequency. Has anyone else noticed this? Could it be something on my side?

I used 0.2.0 pretty extensively to touch-up books in the past few weeks, and only every experienced these freezes a couple times.
Stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 10:46 PM   #2
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
+1; I had it freeze on me about 3x today. Not just on saving, once on something else.
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-19-2010, 10:54 PM   #3
Mahmud
Mahmud began at the beginning.

Device: Aluratek Libre
I've worked on several files and I've had no problems at all. I'm on XP.
Mahmud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 08:01 AM   #4
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Great, freezes were supposed to be less frequent, not more.

I'll take a closer look.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 08:37 AM   #5
Valloric
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

OK, now I'm pissed. I'll be rewriting the resource locking architecture next week. I don't have the time, but I guess I'll just have to find some. After I do that, you'll see another small bugfix release (0.2.2) with just this thing (hopefully) sorted out.
Advert
Old 06-20-2010, 05:02 PM   #6
Valloric

Try the new 0.2.2 release and report back if you see any hang issues.