Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-20-2009, 05:27 PM   #1
bp_shoe
bp_shoe began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-600
Lights for prs-600

Hello
I have a serious problem with reading at night with prs-600. I want to know that which lights do you use for reading at night.
Thank you for recommending
bp_shoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 06:23 PM   #2
scottjl
Reader of Books
scottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with others

Device: none
well. i got the sony jacket with the built in light. it was on sale last week for $42 with free shipping. if you do a search on here (or google) you'll probably turn up a few dozen reviews.
scottjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-20-2009, 06:57 PM   #3
AndreiC
Enthusiast
AndreiC began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-600, Kindle 2 International
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottjl View Post
well. i got the sony jacket with the built in light. it was on sale last week for $42 with free shipping. if you do a search on here (or google) you'll probably turn up a few dozen reviews.
I use Mighty Bright Xtraflex2 - the most powerful I've seen to date.
AndreiC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 07:38 PM   #4
bp_shoe

Thank you for answers
I am interested in Mighty Bright Xtraflex2. Is it work well with prs-600? Is it give whole light for LCD? Can Sony case with light give the same thing?
Old 12-20-2009, 08:38 PM   #5
AndreiC
Enthusiast
AndreiC began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-600, Kindle 2 International
Quote:
Originally Posted by bp_shoe View Post
Thank you for answers
I am interested in Mighty Bright Xtraflex2. Is it work well with prs-600? Is it give whole light for LCD? Can Sony case with light give the same thing?
I also have the case with the integrated light but I find the light too dim and uneven. The Mighty Bright Xtraflex2 is very powerful and even across the entire screen.

I don't regret purchasing the Sony case though; I clip-on my Mighty Bright to the case; also, the light comes in handy when I don't have the Mighty Bright around (even if it's dim, it's still readable).
AndreiC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-20-2009, 08:46 PM   #6
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
I too love my Mighty Bright. Works great.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 09:31 PM   #7
bp_shoe

Thank you so much everyone
Old 12-20-2009, 10:20 PM   #8
raymondchen625
raymondchen625 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600
I use the headlight for camping. It's not bad. ^_^
raymondchen625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 07:59 AM   #9
Bremen Cole
Wizard
Bremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with others

Device: iPad
I tried the case/light combo, and it was just too dim for me. The camping "headlight" is a good idea, works great but can look a bit odd in public but at home it's good.

I picked up a "Pathway lights: Multi-pose Brightbook" at Target. I notice it is not available at the Target site, but only at the stores in the book department. It has 4 leds, two light levels and was only $8.99. It clips on the case with ease, but would not be able to clip on the 300 itself. It works perfect. The low setting is all I need, and it is twice as bright as the high setting on the Sony one. I use rechargeable AAA batts in it....
Bremen Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 01:59 PM   #10
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bremen Cole View Post
I tried the case/light combo, and it was just too dim for me. The camping "headlight" is a good idea, works great but can look a bit odd in public but at home it's good.

I picked up a "Pathway lights: Multi-pose Brightbook" at Target. I notice it is not available at the Target site, but only at the stores in the book department. It has 4 leds, two light levels and was only $8.99. It clips on the case with ease, but would not be able to clip on the 300 itself. It works perfect. The low setting is all I need, and it is twice as bright as the high setting on the Sony one. I use rechargeable AAA batts in it....
Looks like B&N has it:

here

If that's the same one.
khalleron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 02:46 PM   #11
Bremen Cole
Wizard
Bremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with others

Device: iPad
That is the same one Kate. The only difference is that mine is "silver" plastic, but that is it. I highly recommend it if you want a bright light, and a cheap one.....
Bremen Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 02:43 AM   #12
bp_shoe

I am hesitating between Multi-Pose 4 LED Black BrightBook Booklight (B&N) and Mighty Bright XtraFlex2. Which one do you think that it is suitable for PRS-6oo. According to PRS-600, it has reflection from the screen all time. Which one can solve my problem?
Old 12-22-2009, 03:14 AM   #13
nick101
Groupie
nick101 can extract oil from cheesenick101 can extract oil from cheesenick101 can extract oil from cheesenick101 can extract oil from cheesenick101 can extract oil from cheesenick101 can extract oil from cheesenick101 can extract oil from cheesenick101 can extract oil from cheesenick101 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-600 Touch, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by bp_shoe View Post
I am hesitating between Multi-Pose 4 LED Black BrightBook Booklight (B&N) and Mighty Bright XtraFlex2. Which one do you think that it is suitable for PRS-6oo. According to PRS-600, it has reflection from the screen all time. Which one can solve my problem?
I find the Mighty Bright works very well with my 600, and allows me enough control to get a reflection-free view. My only quibble is that it's a little bulky.
nick101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 09:51 PM   #14
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick101 View Post
I find the Mighty Bright works very well with my 600, and allows me enough control to get a reflection-free view. My only quibble is that it's a little bulky.
Agreed. The good light makes it worth it though, and the easy to move neck. The old Mighty Brights were much harder to move around (and the bulbs died all the time). These new ones are cake.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote