Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 11-18-2009, 02:35 PM   #91
rwsimon
Connoisseur
rwsimon has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rwsimon has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rwsimon has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: 2 Sony PRS-500s, iPad
Upgrade progress

I sent my PRS500 in for the upgrade on Monday. They got it last night. Today, I went online to check status and it said they were waiting for my approval for a $92.70 repair. Well, needless to say, I was on the phone to them immediately. Apparently, that was due to some kind of glitch in the processing of the firmware upgrade program that, with any luck, will disappear before too many others have the problem. They apologized for the misinformation.

The good news is when I asked when to expect the unit back, they told me they would be shipping it within 24-48 hours. So the 14 days may be an extremely conservative estimate.

Onward and upward...
rwsimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 03:33 PM   #92
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Wonderful news!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-20-2009, 07:46 AM   #93
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
Here is the Laredo rejuvenation centre on Google Maps: Linky
Can't wait to send my PRS-500 Well kinda, it's unnerving
AprilHare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 11:10 AM   #94
wyldkit
Connoisseur
wyldkit knows what time it iswyldkit knows what time it iswyldkit knows what time it iswyldkit knows what time it iswyldkit knows what time it iswyldkit knows what time it iswyldkit knows what time it iswyldkit knows what time it iswyldkit knows what time it iswyldkit knows what time it iswyldkit knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-500 (until I have enough Sony Rewards points for the PRS-300)
UPS says my 500 should be delivered in Laredo today. I hope they upgrade it and send it back quickly. I've had to resort to a p-book in its absence!

Last edited by wyldkit; 11-20-2009 at 02:01 PM. Reason: typo
wyldkit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 01:22 PM   #95
craigwillie
craigwillie has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: rooted nook
Sony said my reader is done and will be shipped back to me today.
craigwillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-20-2009, 02:47 PM   #96
EatingPie
Blueberry!
EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.

Device: Sony PRS-500 (RIP); PRS-600 (Good Riddance); PRS-505; PRS-650; PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigwillie View Post
Sony said my reader is done and will be shipped back to me today.
Please let us know if you notice any differences.

Faster page turns? (Wishful thinking, I know!)
Connection to Win7/64/Mac OS X?
BBEB support still intact (LRF/LRX)?

Thanks.

-Pie
EatingPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 05:17 PM   #97
SanFranMatt
SanFranMatt began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PR505
According to UPS mine was delivered on Wednesday. When I check the sony repair site, it still says "The Sony product that you have inquired about has not yet been received." Has that happened to anyone else?
SanFranMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 08:09 PM   #98
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
My Sony Reader went into the mail today (Saturday 21/11/2009 09:35 AEDT - GMT+11) and was told it will take 7 - 10 working days to wing its way to Laredo, Texas, USA from Australia.
Yes, I am suffering from the early stages of liseuse tremens...

Last edited by AprilHare; 11-20-2009 at 08:09 PM. Reason: Clarification
AprilHare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 08:43 PM   #99
kilohertz53
Zealot
kilohertz53 will become famous soon enoughkilohertz53 will become famous soon enoughkilohertz53 will become famous soon enoughkilohertz53 will become famous soon enoughkilohertz53 will become famous soon enoughkilohertz53 will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-500, Sony PRS-350, Augen "The Book"
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanFranMatt View Post
According to UPS mine was delivered on Wednesday. When I check the sony repair site, it still says "The Sony product that you have inquired about has not yet been received." Has that happened to anyone else?
Me, too. UPS confirmed delivery; Sony Service knows nothing about it. I'm picturing a loading dock at the Laredo repair facility with hundreds of boxes containing PRS-500s, and nobody is sure what to do with them....
kilohertz53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 09:37 AM   #100
EMP
EMP began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilohertz53 View Post
Me, too. UPS confirmed delivery; Sony Service knows nothing about it. I'm picturing a loading dock at the Laredo repair facility with hundreds of boxes containing PRS-500s, and nobody is sure what to do with them....
Same here. The Sony guy said they have it but their repair website was behind in updating the status but it would be corrected in 12 hours. That was 24 hours ago and still no change.
EMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 10:07 AM   #101
cjs
Reader
cjs began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by gingercat View Post
Looks like pay back time from Sony to those of us evil people who purchased a PRS-500 and had the audacity to not live in the USA
I think that that's a bit harsh, if that's a criticism. Sony, as far as I know, never sold this reader outside of the USA or claimed that they'd offer support for this reader outside of the USA. From my experiences with Sony warranty service on my 505, however, you should have no difficulty getting the upgrade if you just send it in to them from wherever you are and give them a US shipping address to which to return it.

I'm extremely impressed that they're doing this; it shows a level of support for their customers that I've not seen from any other e-book company.
cjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 10:53 AM   #102
volwrath
Guru
volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SGS3/PW2/Nexus72
Quote:
heh thats the same place I just sent my PS3 to, since the bluray died, so it will probably be in the company of ps3s, psps, tvs etc..
volwrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 11:00 AM   #103
MikeRo
Connoisseur
MikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: Sony PRS-300, Kindle 3
Quote:
Keep your eyes peeled for Sony offering "refurbished" PRS-500s for sale - cheap.
MikeRo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 11:22 AM   #104
rwsimon
Connoisseur
rwsimon has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rwsimon has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rwsimon has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: 2 Sony PRS-500s, iPad
Upgrade update

I got a shipping notice from UPS. My upgraded 500 is on the way back. I will have it Monday. So the process will have taken 1 week from ship to receive. Not bad at all.
rwsimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 04:12 PM   #105
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by EatingPie View Post
Please let us know if you notice any differences.

Faster page turns? (Wishful thinking, I know!)
Connection to Win7/64/Mac OS X?
BBEB support still intact (LRF/LRX)?

Thanks.

-Pie
The PRS-500 works fine with Windows 7 32-bit. I plugged in the one I sent off on Friday so I could copy off all the content and then erase all the content.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote