Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 01-29-2006, 08:58 PM   #1
Domokos
Rita Y. Toews
Domokos knows what time it isDomokos knows what time it isDomokos knows what time it isDomokos knows what time it isDomokos knows what time it isDomokos knows what time it isDomokos knows what time it isDomokos knows what time it isDomokos knows what time it isDomokos knows what time it isDomokos knows what time it is

Device: Sony and Hiebook
Non-Fiction, Memoirs of WWII POW

The Price of Freedom

Freedom is seldom free. For the majority of people on this planet it comes at a great price. For me, freedom was very costly indeed. I suffered six years of slave labour in Russia after WWII, then upon my release from Russia I was deported from Budapest by the suspious communist government.

After we escaped from Hungary in 1956, my wife and I were still not free. We were bound emotionally to our families who were still in Hungary. Tragically, we had been forced to leave our daughter behind with her grandparents. Marietta was only three years old.

Join me in my journey to freedom. I will take you to the slave labour camps of post World War II Russia; you will travel with me to my place of deportation after my release as a POW; and journey with me in a harrowing escape from Hungary and the clutches of the feared AVO.

http://www.domokos.com/PriceExcerpt.html
Domokos is offline   Reply With Quote