Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 06-08-2008, 02:57 PM   #1
TheLongshot
Groupie
TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony Reader
Computerworld on the future of e-paper

The future of e-paper: The Kindle is only the beginning

Quote:
Overall, there is a feeling of potential about e-paper that's fueled in large part by the size of the current market for publishing on paper. If e-paper grows from its current 0.1% of that market to even just 3% or 4%, said Peruvemba [E Ink's vice president for marketing], "you'll be looking at a $400 billion market."
A good overview of the current state of e-paper technology and where it is going in the near future.

Jason
TheLongshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 03:18 PM   #2
tirsales
MIA ... but returning som
tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505 and *Really* not owning a PRS-700
I was thinking of buying a new portable phone - but I guess I will wait. The readius sounds promising (so it doesn't feature everything I like my eReader to do, it would ntl enable me to read without bringing a new device - where ever I want, when ever I want ..)
Oh my, this is going to be an expensive summer ... readius, mentor, ...

*starts the 'buy Tirsales what he wants'-fund*
tirsales is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-08-2008, 03:20 PM   #3
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
you can start a fund for zelda too i've been lusting for the readius for months now.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 03:43 PM   #4
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
you can start a fund for zelda too i've been lusting for the readius for months now.
Sounds like something you would take into the tub with you.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 03:45 PM   #5
tirsales
tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hmm .. a waterproof (and I mean really waterproof) e-reader - how cool would that be?
Reading e.g. at the beach? No problem.

Even better would be a reader that could be used while diving - I hate boring deco stops
Advert
Old 06-08-2008, 04:20 PM   #6
mores
Guru
mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.

Device: iPhone
heh heh ... vibra-call
mores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 04:25 PM   #7
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

y'all never did get over that avatar photo did you.

whereas in fact my heart is so pure and innocent i only just now understood your *ahem* allusions.

Last edited by zelda_pinwheel; 06-08-2008 at 04:28 PM.
Old 06-08-2008, 04:32 PM   #8
tirsales

Its a nice avater, what did you expect?
Old 06-08-2008, 04:33 PM   #9
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
y'all never did get over that avatar photo did you.

whereas in fact my heart is so pure and innocent i only just now understood your *ahem* allusions.
We know your so honest and pure, so that picture personafies that.

BOb
Old 06-08-2008, 04:34 PM   #10
Cthulhu
Technologist
Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY Reader PRS-500
Went to the beach recently with some co-workers. Was eager to read, but was nervous about bringing along my E-book. Of course, forgot to bring anything else, so was consigned to reading "MORE" magazine & "Cottage Living."
In my defense, it was darn hot to boot, so a sealing plastic bag may not have been the answer either. Not turning pages in the wind would have been nice.

Zelda, you know that I could all ways hold the e-book for you as you lounged in the bath, right? Simply let me know. ;-
Cthulhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 04:35 PM   #11
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post
Zelda, you know that I could all ways hold the e-book for you as you lounged in the bath, right? Simply let me know. ;-
Just what would you do with those other free 6 arms?

BOb
Old 06-08-2008, 04:37 PM   #12
zelda_pinwheel

"Cottage Living" sounds like fascinating reading. can't imagine what "MORE" could be about.

thank you for your kind offer, but actually i beleive there's still a waiting list for that position from the last time i was sporting this avatar.

(which, obviously, you have Planet Head to thank for, as i'm sure you could tell).
Old 06-08-2008, 04:41 PM   #13
Cthulhu
Technologist
Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY Reader PRS-500
A waiting list?

*gasp* you mean that, not only do I get to carry your e-book to the bath, but there are snacks involved too?!

Oh! Fractious Day!

btw: "MORE" is a magazine for +40 wimmin. Never read it, thankfully. Some of the adds in the other magazine were insightful for life on a boat, though.

@Bob: There are many ways an anthropoid squid may serve a lady.
Cthulhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 04:46 PM   #14
tirsales

Quote:
*need to soap my mind*
Thanks for those mental images ...
Old 06-08-2008, 04:46 PM   #15
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
A waiting list?

*gasp* you mean that, not only do I get to carry your e-book to the bath, but there are snacks involved too?!

Oh! Fractious Day!
listen, i'll just let you lot work out the details amongst yourselves.

Quote:
btw: "MORE" is a magazine for +40 wimmin. Never read it, thankfully. Some of the adds in the other magazine were insightful for life on a boat, though.
ah. hard to guess, from the cryptic title. sounds even *more* fascinating than "cottage living".

Quote:
just as long as you weren't planning on "as an entrée, with a nice salad and a bottle of wine."