Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-27-2008, 09:56 AM   #1231
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madam Broshkina View Post
That is a good question RWood. Conventional wisdom states that llamas sit around all day and create avatars for Zelda. In fact avatars are not made by llamas but are made from llamas. Surprisingly one llama can produce many avatars. To help illustrate this I have created an educational graphic which shows which part of a llama is responsible for each avatar.
Oh, that needs to be posted on the Ministry Page!
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 09:57 AM   #1232
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
i forgot to mention that both of those dictionaries can be added to the little "quick search" bar on firefox.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 09:57 AM   #1233
LazyScot
DSil
LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Cybook
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
also when i am in a really bad mood i find a good round of swearing to be cathartic and this is most effective in capitals as well, but i do try to generally be polite and even-tempered. this is not always easy so i find that avoiding capitals can keep bad temper in check, or at least somewhat attenuate its expression.

I have to say, this is the best explanation of not using capitals that I have ever heard/read. It was almost enough to convince me to forgo capitals as well.

But not quite.
Whilst at University, a friend studying to be Language teacher always maintained that learning French was excellent as she thought it sounded like you were always swearing. So Zelda should be well equipped. She also thought learning German was excellent as it sounded so sexy.

I always had my doubts about her. My friend, not Zelda. I have no doubts about The Zee....

Neither was quite enough for me to learn either language, though I did pick up a few funny German motoring terms.

thwack. Ouch Thwack.. THUD.. Arggh.. Okay, okay, I'll get back on topic (or shut up....)

<exits, stage left, somewhat bruised...>
LazyScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 09:58 AM   #1234
pshrynk
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
yes indeed, llamas are thrilled to make avatars and make an extra effort to grow the finest quality wool and toenails as raw materials.
Umm... We have hooves, my dear.
Old 08-27-2008, 10:03 AM   #1235
LazyScot
DSil
LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Perhaps someones disguise is slipping?

Remember: collars and cuffs should match.
Old 08-27-2008, 10:04 AM   #1236
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
thank you, madame b. as you may have noticed i am a strong proponent of the public domain, and it is for just such reasons as your quality creations inspiring the masses.
I assumed it was the creation of such works that you were a a proponent of being performed in public, since you told me out the back how you were trying to bring in "public executions". I thought it was a capital idea.

Quote:
yes indeed, llamas are thrilled to make avatars and make an extra effort to grow the finest quality wool and toenails as raw materials.
So...no eating then?

Quote:
that is why they are so much fluffier than camels, which are selfish, bad-tempered creatures and want no part of spreading the joy and good-humour of avatars throughout the world.
See, that's what I've always thought about horses - evil, bloody scary beasts, that jump their fences during the new moon to feast on the blood of virgins and not-virgins.

Quote:
... i find a good round of swearing to be cathartic
You swear?! I am shocked! Shocked, I tell you. You will never catch expletives passing my lips, oh no. My larynx is as pure as the driven snow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
Oh, silly me! (I did wonder about that extra "p", but it hadn't occurred to me that a hippo would be the right size for this project.)
They're the right size for many projects, especially if those projects involve lying in the mud, producing excrement.

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 10:04 AM   #1237
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyScot View Post
Whilst at University, a friend studying to be Language teacher always maintained that learning French was excellent as she thought it sounded like you were always swearing. So Zelda should be well equipped. She also thought learning German was excellent as it sounded so sexy.
well depending on which french person you're talking about, they may well be always swearing. a significant portion of my daily expression is swearing, some days. french is good for swearing because we have a nice percussive "p" swear word and also some very gratifying sibyllant words that you can really draw out with a hissing noise which sounds like steam escaping, in an apt parallel. also it has a selection of words you can string together using more or fewer of them depending on the degree of your irritation / ire.

Quote:
I always had my doubts about her. My friend, not Zelda. I have no doubts about The Zee....
i'm glad to hear that. i've no doubts about you either.

Quote:
Neither was quite enough for me to learn either language, though I did pick up a few funny German motoring terms.
i don't have a car but i think those terms could come in very useful to me nonetheless, so thanks.

Quote:
thwack. Ouch Thwack.. THUD.. Arggh.. Okay, okay, I'll get back on topic (or shut up....)

<exits, stage left, somewhat bruised...>
hey now, who is beating up lazyscot ??? none of that, or i'll get out my capital letters !!!

Quote:
hooves, toenails, whatever.
Old 08-27-2008, 10:09 AM   #1238
pshrynk

Hey! When you are trying to avoid getting eaten, it is an important distinction. Our hooves are cloven enough to land us on the proscribed list for many religions, leaving us more energy to concentrate on countries that are so greedy that they take up entire continents. (I'm talking about you mister! I've got my eye on you!)
Old 08-27-2008, 10:24 AM   #1239
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Hey! When you are trying to avoid getting eaten, it is an important distinction. Our hooves are cloven enough to land us on the proscribed list for many religions, leaving us more energy to concentrate on countries that are so greedy that they take up entire continents. (I'm talking about you mister! I've got my eye on you!)
ah, i had not considered that. you can understand that as a vegetarian such considerations are secondary where i am concerned, since i would not eat you regardless of what kind of hooves you have or don't have. i'm sure this is part of why you are such enthusiastic contributors to my avatar collection.
Old 08-27-2008, 07:08 PM   #1240
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
So if I understand right (and that is always questionable in the Lounge) we have (in alphabetical order):

Lady Llama Neko and
Queen of the Lamas, Zelda
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 07:16 PM   #1241
zelda_pinwheel

that's Llady Llama Neko to you.
Old 08-27-2008, 08:34 PM   #1242
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
We're not greedy; we're just psychologically conditioned to an expanded geographical horizon of "personal space". We're mostly desert too, so technically we're a "desert island" (who'd have thunk that I'd never have to pick just "10 books/albums/people/foodstuffs" to live on it).

Cheers,
Marc
Old 08-28-2008, 06:02 AM   #1243
LazyScot
DSil

Quote:
that's Llady Llama Neko to you.
Does Neko come from Wales?
Old 08-28-2008, 06:10 AM   #1244
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyScot View Post
Does Neko come from Wales?
No, I think ambergris comes from whales.

Cheers,
Marc (I wish I had expensive puke)
Old 08-28-2008, 08:03 AM   #1245
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
(I wish I had expensive puke)
Have you tried eating rich food?

(18 carrots)
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
duck!, fun with avatars, thwack!, unutterable silliness, zelda