Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 10-14-2011, 05:57 AM   #1
MorganM
Fanatic
MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2o
Regency Authors

I have been trawling Regency Reads but I would like some recommendations for regency authors.

Thanks.
MorganM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 09:02 PM   #2
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
It's hard to recommend cold - everyone has different tastes. I like Candice Hern, Meredith Duran, Elizabeth Hoyt, Julia Quinn (for the humor, not necessarily for historical accuracy)... There's more, but those are the ones that come to mind here at work.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-14-2011, 09:20 PM   #3
MorganM
Fanatic
MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
It's hard to recommend cold - everyone has different tastes. I like Candice Hern, Meredith Duran, Elizabeth Hoyt, Julia Quinn (for the humor, not necessarily for historical accuracy)... There's more, but those are the ones that come to mind here at work.
Thanks I just wanted some suggestions to check out.
Old 10-14-2011, 10:53 PM   #4
MorganM
Fanatic

I found Georgette Heyer on Books on Board but they are a bit exy. Does any site have them slightly cheaper?
Old 10-14-2011, 11:47 PM   #5
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Sadly, last month all the Heyer's were on sale for 1.99 to celebrate (the anniversary of) her birthday! I don't know if Overdrive has made it over to your side of the pond, but I've seen them in my library's digital books selection...
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-15-2011, 11:01 AM   #6
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
I managed to get just about all the Heyer's on sale at $1.99 last month. Joyfully re-reading them now in between other reads. At this rate, they'll last through the new year.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 12:43 PM   #7
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek,Sony 350/T1,Pandigital,eBM 911,Nook HD/HD+,Fire HDX 7/8.9,PW2
These are all good writers whose books are normally set in the Regency period (though a couple books might also venture into the Georgian period):

Mary Balogh
Edith Layton
Eloisa James
Stephanie Laurens
Jo Beverley
Georgette Heyer
Catherine Coulter (the Sherbrooke series)
Christina Dodd
C.S. Harris (the Sebastian St. Cyr mystery series)
Madeline Hunter
Katie MacAlister ("Noble Destiny")
Barbara Metzger
Amanda Quick
Julia Quinn
Anne Stuart ("The Devil's Waltz")
Lauren Willig (the Pink Carnation series)
Elsie Lee (try to find "The Nabob's Widow" if you can)
Xanthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 05:16 PM   #8
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Goldsmith?
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 05:21 PM   #9
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Fire HD, Aluratek Libre
Does Jane Austen count as regency? *innocently*
ScalyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 05:46 PM   #10
MorganM
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScalyFreak View Post
Does Jane Austen count as regency? *innocently*
I have read all of her books.
Old 10-17-2011, 07:38 AM   #11
mikaelalind
Fanatic
mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, Cybook Odessey
Regency Romance isn't my strongest point, but have you checked out Backlist e-books ?

Edit:
I just discovered that Singapore Library have several pages of Belgrave House novels. Including a couple that I put upon my Wishlist this morning. So it might be wise to check your local library .

Last edited by mikaelalind; 10-17-2011 at 09:36 AM.
mikaelalind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 05:49 PM   #12
MorganM
Fanatic

LOL My local library doesn't do that. The librarian doesn't even know what a ereader is!

I might join up to the Singapore library.
Old 10-18-2011, 02:50 AM   #13
MorganM
Fanatic

Quote:
Regency Romance isn't my strongest point, but have you checked out Backlist e-books ?
Thanks for the link, I have picked up some romances from Smashwords.