Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Upload Help

Notices

Old 11-10-2007, 10:43 PM   #1
FlyTags
FlyTags began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle
Post Kafka, Franz: The Trial, v1.0, 10 Nov 2007

Alright, here's my first shot at posting a book. In this case, it's my personal favorite Franz Kafka work, "The Trial."

I'm assuming this is public domain, as I can't find anything to the contrary, and I pulled this particular translation from Project Gutenberg.

I cleaned it up, added a table of contents, and some author art. Honestly, I pretty much followed HarryT's Book Designer guide to the letter, then tweaked a few extra things. Either way, it looks decent on my Sony Reader.

-FlyTags

(File Removed)

Last edited by FlyTags; 11-11-2007 at 12:32 AM.
FlyTags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 10:45 PM   #2
FlyTags

... and I'm an idiot and posted it in the wrong forum. Someone mind moving it over to the BBeB/LRF Books forum?

Sorry about that. It's late.

-FlyTags
Advert
Old 11-10-2007, 11:00 PM   #3
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
never mind
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 11:12 PM   #4
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Oh dear. I too have been working on The Trial and have posted a version. But there's no harm in having two available.

However, it is NOT public domain. The PG version clearly says that it is a copyright Project Gutenberg book, though may be distributed under certain conditions.
It might be helpful to revise your version because you do not give the name of the translator and copyright-holder. In fact, it may be necessary to do this.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 12:32 AM   #5
FlyTags

Ah, what are the odds of two Trials being posted so closely to each other?

Anyway, indeed, you are right. I completely missed the copyright information on Gutenberg. Who knows what the heck I was looking at. Well, I'm really batting 1.000 here. Posted in the wrong place, missed the copyright info...

Well Patricia, considering that you are a seasoned ebook uploader, I'll gladly step aside on this one and chalk it up as a learning experience. I'd update my file with the necessary information but yours is already set to go, so I'll just remove mine.

Next time around, I'll try doing this earlier in the day when I'm running on more sleep. hehe..
Advert