Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-07-2011, 01:38 PM   #1
Franco99
Franco99 began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO TOUCH
KOBO TOUCH SIDELOADING

Hello,

I am looking to get my first e-reader and picked the Kobo Touch. It looks like a great e-reader but I had a few conserns. I have a few books that are epub format and once that I downloaded for free also in epub format.

I was wondering if I would be able to upload these books on to the Kobo touch without any problems.

Thanks,
Franco99
Franco99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 02:01 PM   #2
Nanopr
Connoisseur
Nanopr can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Nanopr can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Nanopr can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Nanopr can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Nanopr can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Nanopr can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Nanopr can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Nanopr can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Nanopr can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Nanopr can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Nanopr can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Sony PRS-600, Kobo Touch
Yes. I asked the same question to the kobo help desk and this was their answer.
Nanopr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-07-2011, 05:48 PM   #3
Psyke
Evangelist
Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wi-Fi - Kobo Touch - GNex - N7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco99 View Post
Hello,

I am looking to get my first e-reader and picked the Kobo Touch. It looks like a great e-reader but I had a few conserns. I have a few books that are epub format and once that I downloaded for free also in epub format.

I was wondering if I would be able to upload these books on to the Kobo touch without any problems.

Thanks,
Franco99

While the touch isn't out yet, it's hard to say; however, if kobo follows their previous readers leads, and they would be pretty stupid not to, sideloaded Epubs should work fine.
Psyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 09:01 PM   #4
Franco99
Franco99 began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO TOUCH
Thanks for all the replies. I hope you guys are right and I cant wait for it!!!
Franco99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 09:27 AM   #5
46jimbo
Zealot
46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.

Device: Kobo Touch + Kobo Aura
Franco, download the free program Calibre and use it to load books on to your Kobo, manage your library, etc.
46jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-08-2011, 11:13 AM   #6
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
Calibre all the way.
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 12:35 PM   #7
shall1028
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco99 View Post
if I would be able to upload these books on to the Kobo touch without any problems
You should be able to. At present Kobos appear on Macs and Windows boxes as "external drives" and I see no reason why that should be any different with the Touch.

This means that all file manipulation that can be done with the Finder or Windows Explorer is accessible. So, if you are savvy with copying files around using either of these you can do so with the Kobo. No need for an extra program to do so.