Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 09-22-2010, 10:47 AM   #1
jsfiller
Edge User

DJVU support

Ok, I'm probably not going to get any support here, but I'm going to try. In a few months, so I've been told, there's a company coming out with a DIY Book Scanner for ca. $120 without cameras and ca. $320 with cameras. The software that comes with this device creates books in djvu format. I've looked at some djvu books, and they look really nice, and, when you run the OCR software on them, they are searchable and so forth.

One of my biggest problems with the Edge is going to be content. No matter how prolific ebooks become, there are still going to be MANY books I need that are simply not available anywhere in the near future. So I have been looking for a way to create my own books. This book scanner is the first reasonably priced option I've seen. If we could get support for the djvu format, I think it would be very beneficial.

PDF is ok, but I've never been a big fan. And, as I've discovered, epub is horrible for what I need.

Well, just my request. Probably no one else is interested. LOL

Old 09-22-2010, 10:53 AM   #2
kenjennings
Edge User

There is an Android program for it. Displays on LCD.

See THIS THREAD.

Advert
Old 09-22-2010, 10:57 AM   #3
jsfiller
Edge User

Yeah, but would that allow all the features that are available on the Eink side? I need the full features, e.g. linking files to passages, annotating, etc.

EDIT: Well, stupid me. I didn't see the other thread. Shoulda looked I guess.

Last edited by jsfiller; 09-22-2010 at 10:59 AM.