Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

View Poll Results: How long is your To Be Read (TBR) list?
1 - 10 4 4.40%
10 - 100 32 35.16%
100 - 500 28 30.77%
500 - 1000 11 12.09%
Over 1000 16 17.58%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-08-2011, 12:19 PM   #46
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat
Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
>1000

Poppaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 12:24 PM   #47
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies
anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Uses batteries.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppaea View Post
>1000

Me too.
anamardoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-08-2011, 12:27 PM   #48
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Originally Posted by anamardoll View Post
Me too.
Maybe we need a support group...
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 12:35 PM   #49
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies
anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
Maybe we need a support group...
My name is Ana, and... I got a book from the Free Forum today.

But it was just one! There were, like, twenty that I didn't get.

And, um, I bought that whole B&N gift card deal. I would have gotten more, but thankfully it was 'limit one per customer'.
Old 06-08-2011, 12:40 PM   #50
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
My name is Ana, and... I got a book from the Free Forum today.

But it was just one! There were, like, twenty that I didn't get.

And, um, I bought that whole B&N gift card deal. I would have gotten more, but thankfully it was 'limit one per customer'.
My name is Christa. I'm only on my second cup of coffee and I've already gotten a book today. 12 yesterday. And then there was that Fictionwise coupon...

I also found out that Sourcebooks freebies on Books on Board still have BoB rewards attached to them. It could make things difficult for me. I mean, it's freebies for freebies! I'm using calibre therapy so that I can clearly see the extent of my problem, but it only makes it worse.
Advert
Old 06-08-2011, 01:15 PM   #51
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies

My own calibre problem is bad... any new freebie has to:

1. Go into Calibre.
2. Have title and author adjusted.
3. Remove stupid internet metadata and apply my own tags. Genre, source, (un)reviewed.
4. Download cover and apply. Get ISBN if available.
5. Covert from epub to epub so that new cover will "stick" properly in Nook reader.
6. Run Calibre plugin to remove any embedded font files.
7. Update Calibre2opds catalog. (Thank GODS this is a batch script I have scheduled in Windows Task Scheduler to run nightly.)
Old 06-08-2011, 01:41 PM   #52
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat
Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

My name is Poppaea and I am a ebookoholic. I bought three books today and downloaded five more for free. I did quite good for today and have not had a binge. OTOH I have only been awake for five minutes
Old 06-08-2011, 01:51 PM   #53
Crusader
Space Cadet
Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Cybook Opus, Kobo Glo
In paper I have about 300+ books waiting to be read. Ebooks would be around 200, so I'm firmly within the 500 - 1000 bracket. The problem is that I can't seem to prevent myself from buying even more books.

At least this is a healthy addiction (that's until a bookshelf falls on me!).
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 02:00 PM   #54
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies

Quote:
My name is Poppaea and I am a ebookoholic. I bought three books today and downloaded five more for free. I did quite good for today and have not had a binge. OTOH I have only been awake for five minutes
Poppaea wins the thread!
Old 06-08-2011, 02:06 PM   #55
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
When your library has 20,000 e-titles, the list gets longer and longer .....
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 02:34 PM   #56
Quake1028
Guru
Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: See signature
500-1000. Probably somewhere around 650.
Quake1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 03:01 PM   #57
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat

Quote:
Poppaea wins the thread!

Babe, I cheated. It's 9 p.m. over here.
Old 06-08-2011, 03:06 PM   #58
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist

Quote:

Babe, I cheated. It's 9 p.m. over here.
I was wondering about that, but I thought maybe you were a night owl. Or bat, or whatever that simultaneously adorable and frightening avatar is.
Old 06-08-2011, 03:15 PM   #59
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat

Its Bette the Bat. And she is not freightening. She looks like Bette Davis. And she is a vegan (fruit bat).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bette.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	6.0 KB
ID:	72515  
Old 06-08-2011, 03:21 PM   #60
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist

Quote:
Its Bette the Bat. And she is not freightening. She looks like Bette Davis. And she is a vegan (fruit bat).
Ah, yes, I do see the resemblance. Thank you for the information.