Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 04-19-2011, 09:20 PM   #1
autumnmist
autumnmist began at the beginning.

Problem with sending to device (custom path)

Something weird is going on with my Calibre setup. (It was working back in February and I recently went to load more books onto my Nook Color and now I'm having issues).

I have Calibre set to Send Books to a custom path:
My Files/Books/{author_sort}/{series} {series_index} - {title} - {authors}

(This worked fine back in February)

Now, when I try to have Calibre send books to my SDcard, the books end up in (note the extra "Books":
/sdcard/My Files/Books/Books/{author_sort}/{series} {series_index} - {title} - {authors}

If I keep the exact same path but tell Calibre to send the books to Main Memory, the books correctly end up in
/main/My Files/Books/{author_sort}/{series} {series_index} - {title} - {authors}

So there is a problem only when sending books to the SDcard. In addition, if I send books to the SDcard with the path
Books/{author_sort}/{series} {series_index} - {title} - {authors}
the books correctly end up in
/sdcard/Books/{author_sort}/{series} {series_index} - {title} - {authors}

It's *only* when I add the "My Files" part to the path, and *only* with the SDcard that the books are ending up in the wrong place.
autumnmist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 11:46 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Dont add My Files to the start of the path. The NC driver does special processing for My Files.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-20-2011, 11:44 AM   #3
autumnmist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Dont add My Files to the start of the path. The NC driver does special processing for My Files.
Yes I thought that might be the case, which is why I also tried it without My Files in the path, but then the books don't end up in the My Files folder:

If I enter the path as
Books/{author_sort}/{series} {series_index} - {title} - {authors}

the books end up in
/sdcard/Books/{author_sort}/{series} {series_index} - {title} - {authors}

(in other words not in My Files as I need them to be to be recognized by the NC ereader app)

If I enter the path as
{author_sort}/{series} {series_index} - {title} - {authors}
the books end up in
/sdcard/{author_sort}/{series} {series_index} - {title} - {authors}

None of these are correct.
Old 04-20-2011, 11:46 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Are you saying your nook is unable to read books not in My Files on the sd card? I fond that hard to believe.
Old 04-20-2011, 01:29 PM   #5
autumnmist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Are you saying your nook is unable to read books not in My Files on the sd card? I fond that hard to believe.
That's where Nook books downloaded through the Nook app end up. It's a huge pain to have books scattered in different folders -- it means I can't just open up a different ereader program (FBReader for example) and point it to My Files/Books. I have to keep jumping around the file system to open up different books for reading.

Also because I initially loaded all my books through Calibre in February when it was still correctly loading files into My Files/Books, I have all (100s of) my existing books in My Files/Books/* but now all new books are going to end up somewhere else in the file structure.
Advert
Old 04-20-2011, 03:08 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Then use Connect to Folder instead of the nook driver.
Old 04-20-2011, 03:19 PM   #7
autumnmist

Ok, but I am confused. Why does the Calibre NC driver use the "correct" location for sending books to internal memory (/main/My Files/Books) but not for sending books to the sdcard?
Old 04-20-2011, 05:32 PM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

To enable news downloads to be recognized correctly by the Nook. For more details, read the source.

Tags
bug, nook color, send to device