Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-01-2010, 05:18 PM   #1
strannik
strannik began at the beginning.

Device: ipod touch, palm, other
How can I add multiple formats (without converting) and have Calibre see them?

I just got an update on an O'Reilly book which allowed me to download an epub, a mobi and a PDF. I can use all there in different situations, and I would like to simply add all formats without converting, drop them into the book's folder and have them recognized by Calibre, but there doesn't seem to be any easy way to do this.

Suggestions? or should this be an RFE?
strannik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 05:29 PM   #2
dmapr
Evangelist
dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by strannik View Post
I just got an update on an O'Reilly book which allowed me to download an epub, a mobi and a PDF. I can use all there in different situations, and I would like to simply add all formats without converting, drop them into the book's folder and have them recognized by Calibre, but there doesn't seem to be any easy way to do this.

Suggestions? or should this be an RFE?
Click on the edit meta information and then use the button in the top right corner.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	calibre.jpg
Views:	1852
Size:	216.9 KB
ID:	44757  
dmapr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 05:31 PM   #3
poshm
Fanatic
poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, Sony Reader Touch, Ipod touch & Kindle 2
I think you can do this by:

Adding one format into Calibre using the Add Books button

Then right click on the file and select edit metadata

You then have an option (top right) to add in other file formats. Same book but different files

At least that's what I do.
poshm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 08:16 PM   #4
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by poshm View Post
I think you can do this by:
Adding one format into Calibre using the Add Books button
Then right click on the file and select edit metadata
You then have an option (top right) to add in other file formats. Same book but different files
You can do this, or you can just put the books in a single folder and use the pull-down arrow to the right of Add Books and choose the second option down, which assumes all books in a single folder are the same book, but in different formats.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 05:49 PM   #5
strannik
strannik began at the beginning.

Device: ipod touch, palm, other
Doh! I don't know why I missed such obvious options - thanks people!
strannik is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
add book, multi-format