Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 04-04-2014, 12:26 PM   #3526
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool been reading lately

Quote:
Originally Posted by leanansidhe View Post
53 DAYS LEFT!!!

So what's everybody been reading lately? I'm reading Death Masks still, I hope to be done later today or tomorrow.
Well I just finished Harry Potter and the Sun Source (fanfic) and also The Martian. I very much enjoyed both. Now I'm halfway through reading the first Amelia Peabody novel, Crocodile on the Sandbank by Elizabeth Peters. Thus far it's been quite an interesting and entertaining read and I believe that I'll most likely be reading more of these.

alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 12:58 PM   #3527
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
I started White Night yesterday. I'm about 4 hours in now.

I had similar issues with the Iron Druid Chronicles, but as I own the first 3 audiobooks, I'll just wait until I'm 'ready'. Some books just don't start well. Give 'em a rest and try again later.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 01:06 PM   #3528
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Cool Epic News Post, Part 1!

Quoted from jim-butcher.com

Last edited by alansplace; 04-04-2014 at 01:17 PM.
Old 04-04-2014, 01:08 PM   #3529
leanansidhe
Faerie Godmother
leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
I keep seeing The Martian being mentioned all over here lately...I guess I better pick that one up soon. It sounds really interesting.
leanansidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 01:15 PM   #3530
AlbertaCowboy
Guru
AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, PRS-650, iPhone 6, NVIDIA Shield K1
Quote:
I keep seeing The Martian being mentioned all over here lately...I guess I better pick that one up soon. It sounds really interesting.
I think you'll love it.
I thought it was some of the most believable SF that I've ever read.
Plus the dialogue had me actually laughing out loud to myself. I can't remember the last time that happened. (Yeah yeah, the last time it happened was "Cold Days" but you know what I mean)
Definitely a five star read for me.
AlbertaCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 02:17 PM   #3531
treadlightly
Wizard
treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarana View Post

I had similar issues with the Iron Druid Chronicles, but as I own the first 3 audiobooks, I'll just wait until I'm 'ready'. Some books just don't start well. Give 'em a rest and try again later.
I find that many series, especially when it's the author's first series, take a couple of books to get started. I felt that way with both Dresden and IDC.

I've been reading the latest releases of Seanan McGuire's Incryptid series, Patricia Brigg's Mercy Thompson series, Karen Chance's "Masks" and J.R. Ward's BDB series. Up next is Devon Monk's Stone Cold. It's been a good few weeks for new Urban Fantasy books!
treadlightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 10:19 AM   #3532
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool What to read while waiting for Skin Game's release!

A Sandy Daily Deal! - from Hugh Howey's Goodreads Blog

Sunday is Sanday, it seems. SAND is Amazon’s Daily Deal today, which means they’re practically giving away my latest novel for $1.99. Two bucks! Cheaper than a bag of actual sand at Home Depot! (Or a cup of coffee.)

Last edited by alansplace; 04-06-2014 at 10:44 AM.
Old 04-06-2014, 10:36 AM   #3533
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool Skin Game release is...

[posted by me because Lea hasn't yet done it today]

Old 04-06-2014, 07:16 PM   #3534
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool Epic News Post, Part 2!

Quoted from jim-butcher.com
Quote:

We had so much to announce earlier this week, we had to split the post up. Here’s the other half! (And here’s Part 1, if you missed it.)

5. SIGNED COPIES OF SKIN GAME

Jim has signed over four thousand copies of Skin Game, and they’re being sent to awesome independent bookstores all across the country! Download the list of retailers here and contact one near you to reserve a copy.

If there’s nothing nearby, you could also order a signed copy at Barnes and Noble. Or if you prefer a personalized copy and don’t mind getting it a few days after the release date, you can participate in one of our:

6. VIRTUAL SIGNINGS

Although Jim is traveling to more cities this year than ever (in fact, more than the past two years COMBINED), there are bound to be fans who feel left out. Virtual signings allow fans across the country (and internationally) to preorder signed, personalized copies of Jim’s books. This year, two retailers are doing virtual signings with personalization: Dog Eared Books (shipped 5/27) and Mysterious Galaxy (in collaboration with Booktalk Nation, shipped 5/29). Preorder your copy today! Orders must be placed by May 19th.

7. AUDIO PREORDER

The audiobook of Skin Game, narrated by James Marsters, is now preorderable at Audible.com! Order yours today, and it’ll be ready for download May 27th, the same day as the hardcover release. The physical audio CDs will be released two days later, on May 29th.

Posted by priscellie at 1:27 pm

Last edited by alansplace; 04-06-2014 at 07:30 PM.
Old 04-07-2014, 07:31 AM   #3535
leanansidhe
Faerie Godmother
leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leanansidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Skin Game Release...

50 DAYS LEFT!!!

I'm so excited!!!
Old 04-07-2014, 12:07 PM   #3536
AlbertaCowboy
Guru
AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, PRS-650, iPhone 6, NVIDIA Shield K1
Quote:
50 DAYS LEFT!!!

I'm so excited!!!
Wheeeee!
AlbertaCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 09:29 AM   #3537
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool Skin Game release is...

Old 04-08-2014, 12:43 PM   #3538
leanansidhe
Faerie Godmother

Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post

Thank you Alan
Old 04-08-2014, 08:44 PM   #3539
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool Skin Game release...

Quote:
Thank you Alan
You're welcome!

Old 04-09-2014, 08:04 AM   #3540
leanansidhe
Faerie Godmother

I'm just starting Blood Rites, definitely one of my favourite Dresden novels, especially the beginning. Makes me laugh out loud just thinking about it.

Spoiler:
Thomas: "An errand is getting a tank of gas or picking up a carton of milk or something. It is not getting chased by flying purple pyromaniac gorillas hurling incendiary poo."

Best line ever!

Last edited by leanansidhe; 04-09-2014 at 08:31 AM.

Tags
fantasy series, magic, supernatural, the dresden files, urban fantasy