Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 03-24-2013, 05:53 PM   #1
iatheia
Zealot
iatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kindle 3, Icarus Illumina XL, Boyue T62
[GUI Plugin] Astro-ph (Deprecated)

This plugin has been deprecated.

Last edited by iatheia; 07-20-2015 at 07:48 PM.
iatheia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 11:28 PM   #2
Geremia
Addict
Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Calibre
That's neat! thanks
Geremia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 11:31 PM   #3
iatheia
Zealot
iatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmos

You're welcome =)
Old 12-08-2013, 05:00 AM   #4
nikosal
nikosal began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hi, I installed the plug-in, but it doesn't seem to work. Actually it is "fetching metadata" for ages. When I start it and hit download papers, I get the following error: calibre, version 1.14.0
ERROR: Uknown error <b>IndexError</b>:list index out of range

calibre 1.14 isfrozen: True is64bit: True
Linux-3.11.0-14-generic-x86_64-with-debian-wheezy-sid Linux ('64bit', 'ELF')
('Linux', '3.11.0-14-generic', '#21-Ubuntu SMP Tue Nov 12 17:04:55 UTC 2013')
Python 2.7.5
Linux: ('debian', 'wheezy/sid', '')
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.astroph_plugin.dialogs", line 150, in do_loop
IndexError: list index out of range

Any suggestion?
nikosal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 10:35 AM   #5
iatheia
Zealot

Yeah, I haven't really done anything with it in quite a while, they likely has changed the page format. I'll try fixing it it a bit.
Old 12-08-2013, 02:35 PM   #6
iatheia
Zealot

Give this file a try, it works on my end. If it doesn't work for you, let me know what link you are having an issue with.

Last edited by iatheia; 12-10-2013 at 07:01 PM. Reason: remove beta
Old 12-09-2013, 12:55 AM   #7
nikosal

iatheia, thanks for your response.

Question: when we hit the astro-ph button and the blank window appears (the one that states "paper url(s), one per line"), do we manually add the urls of the papers we are interested to download?

If the answer is "yes", then both the previous version of the plugin as well the new version, are ok. I just added a url and downloaded a cosmology paper.

Yesterday I thought that the plugin would "automatically" show me the papers and all I had to do then was to select which one I am interested to download etc.

Let me know, please,

Nikos
Old 12-09-2013, 12:59 AM   #8
iatheia
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikosal View Post
iatheia, thanks for your response.

Question: when we hit the astro-ph button and the blank window appears (the one that states "paper url(s), one per line"), do we manually add the urls of the papers we are interested to download?

If the answer is "yes", then both the previous version of the plugin as well the new version, are ok. I just added a url and downloaded a cosmology paper.

Yesterday I thought that the plugin would "automatically" show me the papers and all I had to do then was to select which one I am interested to download etc.

Let me know, please,

Nikos
It should insert the link that you have copied in your buffer and if that link is of supported format. That does appear to be working for me.
Old 12-09-2013, 10:02 AM   #9
nikosal

Well, I have to add the urls manually (copy-paste), plug-in doesn't add them automatically from the buffer, but other than that, yes, it works ok (as I wrote above).
Old 12-09-2013, 10:24 AM   #10
iatheia
Zealot

What link are you using? I can try to trouble-shoot.
And if you run into other bugs or have feature requests, let me know.
Old 07-20-2015, 12:04 AM   #11
Rudy2k5
Rudy2k5 began at the beginning.

Hi,

Sadly I think you plugin isnt working anymore. I can't find the button and I guess its because of the latest updates. Is it possible to fix it?
Rudy2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 01:20 AM   #12
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
No, this plugin will not work in recent versions of calibre. It is still using Qt4 libraries and calibre has moved to Qt5. The last calibre version it might work with is 1.48.

Updating the plugin to work with current calibre versions should not be to hard. A quick look at the code doesn't show anything unusual in it. But, it probably has dependencies on the sites it downloads from. If they have changed, updating it becomes harder.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 07:46 PM   #13
iatheia
Zealot

Someone actually wants to use it, that's a wonder! I myself haven't really touched it in forever, since there are more well developed citation collectors available.

It is possible to fix it, but I just don't think it is worth it. I spent some time on it, and managed to bring the button back, but it keeps giving me errors, and hunting for all sort of dependencies seems quite annoying, I wouldn't be able to guarantee that it is all in working order. Plus, as I said, there is a plethora of stand-alone software already that work much better.
Old 07-25-2015, 11:24 PM   #14
ivmail
ivmail began at the beginning.

Device: 6 sonys and an iliad
sorry forgot to say thanks

cause i use it all day long, every day since your release .. a hacked web spider like version but it started from you plugin .. so what citation collectors do you recommend???

thanks,
iv
ivmail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 11:41 PM   #15
iatheia
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivmail View Post
cause i use it all day long, every day since your release .. a hacked web spider like version but it started from you plugin .. so what citation collectors do you recommend???

thanks,
iv
I use BibDesk, which is an OSX only app, I think. I haven't tested myself any windows alternatives, but here are a few suggestions (JabRef looks the most similar, I think)