Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-29-2013, 04:53 PM   #1
gexgecko
gexgecko began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo AURA HD
Has the Kobo Aura HD Espresso sleep cover even been produced yet?

The only evidence I've found of this colour of sleep cover even existing is a tiny blurb in the description for the black(onyx) model.

See here: http://www.kobo.com/accessories/kobo...leepcover.html

"available in Onyx and Espresso"

Does anyone own one of these? Have they even released this colour yet? Or is it just place-holder text for when they actually start selling them?

I've only found listings for black ones on resale sites.

Cheers

Edit: I just found some for sale at "Staples" in Canada, but nowhere else.

Last edited by gexgecko; 05-29-2013 at 05:13 PM. Reason: not diligent enough
gexgecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 08:26 PM   #2
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
They were available to purchase on Kobo's website the day the Aura was first available. By the end of the second day I noticed they were out of stock.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 01:30 AM   #3
rem736
purpose priority passion
rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350, b&n ngp, rM2, kindle scribe, boox poke5
is there anyone in canada willing to purchase the espresso sleep cover and ship it to me in california?
rem736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 04:26 AM   #4
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
It was available at WHSmith, but I can't check if that's still the case. It's also available in Belgium. Maybe it will be in stock in the USA soon
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 12:13 AM   #5
Thrasher
Groupie
Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thrasher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Wifi
Staples in Canada does not have these in stock, despite their website saying so. They actually order them directly from Kobo and neither Kobo or Chapters have them in stock.
My order for the Espresso cover from Staples is over a month old and still hasn't shipped.
Thrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 10:31 AM   #6
adbosch
Addict
adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma; Pocketbook Color 633
Why are these sleepcases for the Aura so greedily expensive?????
adbosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 10:55 AM   #7
gunbad
Zealot
gunbad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gunbad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gunbad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gunbad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gunbad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gunbad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gunbad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gunbad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gunbad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gunbad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gunbad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle PW4
Simply, because they can.
gunbad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 12:42 PM   #8
Lyn2012
Addict
Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPhone 8, iPad Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by adbosch View Post
Why are these sleepcases for the Aura so greedily expensive?????
Because the companies making the cheaper covers for the Paperwhite and Glo are not offering them for the Aura. If they were available, in lovely colours, I would buy an Aura.
Lyn2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 02:58 PM   #9
grucha44
grucha44 doesn't littergrucha44 doesn't litter

Device: Cybook Gen 3
That's not true

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231001522780

I have this cover, it's cheap, comes in many colours and does a sleep function too
grucha44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 03:26 PM   #10
Lyn2012
Addict
Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPhone 8, iPad Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by grucha44 View Post
That's not true

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231001522780

I have this cover, it's cheap, comes in many colours and does a sleep function too
That's not the same ultra slim cover, it is far too bulky for my taste. This is the version I mean, although it is for the Glo not the Aura.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ULTRA-SLIM...item53faabab26
Lyn2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 06:24 PM   #11
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
$13.58 for Ultra slim soft leather magnetic auto sleep cover case hard shell for Kobo Glo
was great value until I read does not include Kobo Glo.

Would have to be stupid without any reading comprehension to think it included Kobo Glo.
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 04:59 PM   #12
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyn2012 View Post
That's not the same ultra slim cover, it is far too bulky for my taste. This is the version I mean, although it is for the Glo not the Aura.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ULTRA-SLIM...item53faabab26
nice one!
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 03:50 AM   #13
Ansileran
Zealot
Ansileran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ansileran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ansileran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ansileran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ansileran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ansileran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ansileran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ansileran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ansileran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ansileran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ansileran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Kobo Aura HD, Cybook Odyssey HD
Lol, actually I couldn't find a black cover at the local stores, had to settle for... a brown one ^^

I'll be waiting to see if they start selling leather ones, I'm not fond of the plastic design, especially on a supposedly high-end product. I really loved the one sold with the PRS-505. People were so surprised to see it hid a reader and not an organizer.
Ansileran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 10:15 AM   #14
tlaine
Zealot
tlaine understands the importance of being earnest.tlaine understands the importance of being earnest.tlaine understands the importance of being earnest.tlaine understands the importance of being earnest.tlaine understands the importance of being earnest.tlaine understands the importance of being earnest.tlaine understands the importance of being earnest.tlaine understands the importance of being earnest.tlaine understands the importance of being earnest.tlaine understands the importance of being earnest.tlaine understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Mini; Kindle PW2
The part number for the espresso Kobo Aura cover appears to be N204-KBO-2BR, and if you do a Google search on it a number of online pc parts resellers in Canada pop up. In checking a few, they seem to have 55 (as at this posting) in stock in Toronto/Mississauga warehouses leading me to believe that a Kobo distributor, maybe Ingram Micro, may have them. You'd have to call or email one of these places for more info. Hope this helps.
tlaine is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aura hd, kobo, sleep cover