Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 01-24-2013, 12:17 PM   #346
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by copyrite View Post
What a mess. I can't log into the Maryland Overdrive system. It looks like it wants a PIN, but at the same time it's like the text input field is overlapping with the log-in info and just not taking it. I've emailed the local library system and Overdrive for help.
I had the same problem with READS. Is there a click here if you have trouble logging in link? Mine had that and that worked to get me in.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:24 PM   #347
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I had the same problem with READS. Is there a click here if you have trouble logging in link? Mine had that and that worked to get me in.
Whew. That worked.

Thanks, Blossom!
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:25 PM   #348
Joykins
Wizard
Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle Oasis 2018, kindle 4 NT, kindle PW2, iPhone, iPad mini
OVERDRIVE!

Stop tweaking your redesign with end users as ALPHA testers.

Properly test your releases before releasing.

OMG.
Joykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:06 PM   #349
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Hello,

Thanks for reporting this. The OverDrive website is experiencing major tech. issues. We have reported this issue to OverDrive and they are working to resolve.

Information Services Department
Baltimore County Public Library
*shakes head*
Old 01-24-2013, 02:37 PM   #350
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
Quote:
Yep. It's fixed on the READS site which is the Tennessee's Overdrive Library site. The one site is for the entire state.
Actually, the largest cities in the state (Nashville, Memphis, Chattanooga, and Knoxville) each have their own Overdrive site. R.E.A.D.S. is shared by most of the smaller libraries in the state, including my hometown of Murfreesboro. BTW, I know Nashville offers access for non-Nashville residents, but not out of state (I live in Alabama, now), in case you're interested. Alabama has a similar one called CameliaNet that covers a number of the smaller systems.
hwlester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:55 PM   #351
copyrite
Wizard

Interesting listening to David Burleigh from Overdrive talk to Len Edgerly's Kindle Chronicles. He says they aim to make the site easier to use. Not yet, sir!
Old 01-24-2013, 03:30 PM   #352
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Looks like they are at again. READS log in page is really messed up. Doesn't work. I was able to get in by selecting list all libraries. Getting alot of errors though.

BPL & FLP: The new way to select a format is worse than the drop down box.

Okay READS has a new way to select Format too and it's much better. You put a check by the format and then it says confirm. This I like!
BPL has not switched to the new Overdrive software.

http://overdrive.bpl.org
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:33 PM   #353
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
As for the bug of Wish list entries not being able to be deleted. I can delete Wish List entries from FLP no problem.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:34 PM   #354
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
In case you weren't aware... You may be able to do this from the library end. I've done it at two of my libraries.

When you do a search (from your library page), click on "Additional Titles" (on the advanced search page). Then click on the book. Then click on "recommend".
I used this at FLP to suggest a couple of books in the Xanth series and about 2 months later, I got a notification that they were available and being held for me. Of the two local libraries that I have access to, only one offers this option. I'm hoping the other might get it with the upgrade.
Old 01-24-2013, 05:36 PM   #355
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
BPL has not switched to the new Overdrive software.

http://overdrive.bpl.org
BPL is Brooklyn Public Library which many of us here pay $50 a year for.
Old 01-24-2013, 05:40 PM   #356
copyrite
Wizard

They fixed me. YAY!
Old 01-24-2013, 05:43 PM   #357
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by copyrite View Post
They fixed me. YAY!
Same here on READS. I contacted them and it's fixed.

I also checked out several books at BPL and I didn't have to log in each time!
Old 01-24-2013, 05:56 PM   #358
theinfamousj
Groupie
theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo (pink back)
Quote:
Originally Posted by davem2bits View Post
I thought everyone knew that if you load a library ebook on your Kindle and turn off the wireless, the ebook will be readable until you turn the wireless back on.
Is this true of the OverDrive Android app as well? :: hopeful ::
theinfamousj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:25 PM   #359
hwlester
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by theinfamousj View Post
Is this true of the OverDrive Android app as well? :: hopeful ::
The Overdrive app as well as Aldiko, Bluefire, and the Sony Reader apps are based off of Adobe Digital Editions, so they expire the book regardless of connectivity. You MIGHT be able to change the date/time manually to fool it, but I'm not certain.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:26 PM   #360
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveEisenberg View Post
I don't mind the new interface, perhaps because I rarely use Overdrive as a book discovery tool. However, the complainers certainly are on to something. There are more clicks than before.

Would it be tin-hat idiocy to hypothesize a need to make sure borrowing from Overdrive was more difficult than purchasing from an on-line vendor? Could some of the publishers (or Amazon) have complained about the old interface being too quick?

My Overdrive frustration is finding that no library, I have membership in, owns the book I want. Sometimes it's that Overdrive doesn't carry it, but, more often, it's because none of my libraries have bought it. I'm aware of this because of just about always starting at search.overdrive.com, where you first see if Overdrive carries the title, and then narrow down the search by country and state/province.

Is there any reason why the history of the bagel is in Seattle, not Brooklyn

So, I vote for dozens of clicks -- and, in return, eBook interlibrary loan
I hadn't read much in a long time before I got my ereader, so I have been using the library very much as a discovery tool. That's why the difficulty with browsing now is so frustrating for me.
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote