Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 09-28-2012, 09:59 AM   #31
avantman42
Wizard
avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giggleton View Post
I'm fairly certain that the site will require an active connection to the site itself
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar View Post
Okay, but it didn't seem to me that that was DiapDealer's objection when he quoted that line.
I'm reasonably sure that DiapDealer's mind was blown because Giggleton said the website would need an active connection to itself.

I imagine Giggleton intended to say that the reader software/device would need an active connection to the website.
avantman42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 10:40 AM   #32
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by avantman42 View Post
I'm reasonably sure that DiapDealer's mind was blown because Giggleton said the website would need an active connection to itself.

I imagine Giggleton intended to say that the reader software/device would need an active connection to the website.
Give that (avant)man a cee-gar.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-28-2012, 11:18 AM   #33
avantman42
Wizard
avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Give that (avant)man a cee-gar.
I'm clever, me
avantman42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 11:35 AM   #34
taustin
Wizard
taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozawun View Post
Yet another descent into mere personal abuse.
Lying about what I said is just that, yes.
taustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 11:37 AM   #35
taustin
Wizard
taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar View Post
Okay, but it didn't seem to me that that was DiapDealer's objection when he quoted that line. I have bought one book with DRM in my life, and that was through Google Play because I could read it via a web browser without having to try to deal with the DRM (I use Linux on my desktop). The browser app requires you to be logged into Google Play, and only shows you two pages at a time (perhaps even as an image rather than text), without giving you any option of downloading anything permanent. That's essentially the system that Giggleton is describing. I know it would be complicated and expensive to build such a site, but I don't see it as an insane idea.
Given Google's market share, it's obviously not a very successful idea. But mostly, Giggles is just clueless, as usual, and any effort he made would likely be so poorly implemented as to be a hazard to the internet at large.
taustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-30-2012, 08:32 PM   #36
Giggleton
Banned
Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3
I found this site, it's basically just an epub reader that is displayed within a browser window. It lets you upload though and share the links to the file.

http://www.magicscroll.net/

I'm fairly certain I could build something similar using templates and open source ideas. Marketing is another thing entirely, but we are talking about books here, not things to sell etc...
Giggleton is offline   Reply With Quote