Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old 02-16-2022, 05:35 PM   #1
SanchezZz
SanchezZz is not required to obey the law of gravity.SanchezZz is not required to obey the law of gravity.SanchezZz is not required to obey the law of gravity.SanchezZz is not required to obey the law of gravity.SanchezZz is not required to obey the law of gravity.SanchezZz is not required to obey the law of gravity.SanchezZz is not required to obey the law of gravity.SanchezZz is not required to obey the law of gravity.SanchezZz is not required to obey the law of gravity.SanchezZz is not required to obey the law of gravity.SanchezZz is not required to obey the law of gravity.

Device: none
How to upload PDF books

Hello everyone, I just found this forum and I am enjoying many of the books that have been graciously uploaded here.

I have a little library of PDF classic books myself that I would like to share but I do not know how to upload them.
I was looking for a thread about the name format that you guys use so it gets indexed? And also in which forum should I post it.

Anyway, sorry if this is a silly question or something that has been explained a lot, I couldn't find the info and again, I'm new to overall forums hehehe so my apologies for the ignorance.

Thanks in advance and here I leave you a great resource I use to find classic public domain books: The Internet Archive

- Alina S.
SanchezZz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2022, 08:07 PM   #2
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Read this thread:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=14163

I suspect that PDF is not particularly welcome. Nor are books copied intact from somewhere else.
j.p.s is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-17-2022, 08:12 AM   #3
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
IA is rubbish compared to Project Gutenberg. IA uses scans to PDF with OCR that's not proofed. Some of their content is not public domain.

PDFs are ghastly on ereaders unless they are 8" to 10" approx at 300 dpi with a reader that can crop the margin. Even then the IA quality is often so poor I'd rather buy the book!
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2022, 01:51 PM   #4
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
You can upload PDF books in the "Other Books" forum.

But please note: they should be well-crafted PDFs, not run-of-the-mill conversions, and not scans. A couple of acceptable examples (shameless plug included):

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=331860
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=224268
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=48983
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote