Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-28-2022, 04:57 AM   #16
Deobulakenyo
Guru
Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Boyue Likebook P78
I do not know what I am doing wrong but any whole number i put does not change the clock location in the X axis. I started with 1, 10, 65, 450. nothing. the clock is still at the same default location.
Deobulakenyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2022, 05:03 AM   #17
xyclonei
Connoisseur
xyclonei is clearly one to watchxyclonei is clearly one to watchxyclonei is clearly one to watchxyclonei is clearly one to watchxyclonei is clearly one to watchxyclonei is clearly one to watchxyclonei is clearly one to watchxyclonei is clearly one to watchxyclonei is clearly one to watchxyclonei is clearly one to watchxyclonei is clearly one to watch

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deobulakenyo View Post
I do not know what I am doing wrong but any whole number i put does not change the clock location in the X axis. I started with 1, 10, 65, 450. nothing. the clock is still at the same default location.
Are you using the artifact build or the initial one?

Try using the attached latest artifact build to see if it works.
Attached Files
File Type: zip NickelClock.zip (17.1 KB, 145 views)

Last edited by xyclonei; 06-28-2022 at 11:17 AM. Reason: Artifact build #17
xyclonei is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2022, 05:05 AM   #18
Deobulakenyo
Guru
Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xyclonei View Post
Are you using the artifact build or the initial one?

Try using the attached latest artifact build to see if it works.
That was the problem. I did not how to use that "artifact".

For the sake of instruction, how was one use that using the original koboroot as in the original zip file?
Old 06-28-2022, 05:08 AM   #19
sherman
Guru
sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Sorry @Deobulakenyo, I should have just attached the test build here. I'll do that in the future.

Thank you @xyclonei for attaching it.
sherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2022, 05:09 AM   #20
xyclonei
Connoisseur
xyclonei is clearly one to watchxyclonei is clearly one to watchxyclonei is clearly one to watchxyclonei is clearly one to watchxyclonei is clearly one to watchxyclonei is clearly one to watchxyclonei is clearly one to watchxyclonei is clearly one to watchxyclonei is clearly one to watchxyclonei is clearly one to watchxyclonei is clearly one to watch

Device: Kobo Clara HD
This artifact build is a newer version incorporating adjustable margins.

The installation is the same. Drop the KoboRoot.tgz file within the zip into the .kobo folder and it should auto-update.
xyclonei is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2022, 05:14 AM   #21
Deobulakenyo
Guru

Thank you, sherman and xyclonei.

The problem is my ignorance. Thanks for all the help

BUT can you explain to me what and how the latest changes should be used? on my end, what I understand is that the github release page is still the original (initial one) nickelclock.

Are the changes supposed to be integrated (don't know if this is the proper term) to a new installer?

I do not understand what the build. artifact build means. Looking at the release pages, it is still v. 0.1.0 and was uploaded 13 hours ago.

BTW your (xyclonei) upload a few posts back work fine.

Last edited by Deobulakenyo; 06-28-2022 at 05:23 AM.
Old 06-28-2022, 05:47 AM   #22
sherman
Guru
sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deobulakenyo View Post
Thank you, sherman and xyclonei.

The problem is my ignorance. Thanks for all the help

BUT can you explain to me what and how the latest changes should be used? on my end, what I understand is that the github release page is still the original (initial one) nickelclock.

Are the changes supposed to be integrated (don't know if this is the proper term) to a new installer?

I do not understand what the build. artifact build means. Looking at the release pages, it is still v. 0.1.0 and was uploaded 13 hours ago.

BTW your (xyclonei) upload a few posts back work fine.
So, every time I push a change, a new KoboRoot.tgz is generated automatically, and these can be downloaded as an artifact (inside a NickelClock.zip file). These are used to test changes, and provided as a convenience so others do not have to compile the changes themselves. Artifacts are not intended for the general user. Consider them test builds.

When I am happy with the changes, I will make a new release, with an updated version (next will be 0.2.0), which will be available on the releases page.

Apologies for the confusion this caused.
Old 06-28-2022, 06:13 AM   #23
Deobulakenyo
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherman View Post
So, every time I push a change, a new KoboRoot.tgz is generated automatically, and these can be downloaded as an artifact (inside a NickelClock.zip file). These are used to test changes, and provided as a convenience so others do not have to compile the changes themselves. Artifacts are not intended for the general user. Consider them test builds.

When I am happy with the changes, I will make a new release, with an updated version (next will be 0.2.0), which will be available on the releases page.

Apologies for the confusion this caused.
I get it now. I learbed a few new things today. Thanks
Old 06-28-2022, 09:12 AM   #24
Ned
Ebook reader
Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O (ed 2, v1), Kobo Forma, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Introducing NickelClock, a mod that shows the kobo time widget while reading.

On the other hand, NickelClock should not have any stability issues on new devices, especially the Libra 2, So, if you're a Libra 2 owner missing your clock, might I suggest this one?
Thank you - there's nothing wrong with one more clock, especially when having just got a Libra 2 I find that Miniclock and the other new one will not work so I am clockless.

I had indeed lost all hope when the other wizards had said all hope is lost, so may I say you have made my day
Ned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2022, 09:29 AM   #25
Ned
Ebook reader
Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O (ed 2, v1), Kobo Forma, Kobo Libra 2
And in minutes, your mod is added to my Libra 2 and Forma, moved to the Top Left where I want it. And so much nicer and cleaner than the Miniclock I was using on the Forma. Thank you again.

Edit: No tweaks needed, I'm just glad to have a clock visible

Last edited by Ned; 06-28-2022 at 12:34 PM. Reason: more info
Ned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2022, 11:34 AM   #26
sdothum
Enthusiast
sdothum knows what time it issdothum knows what time it issdothum knows what time it issdothum knows what time it issdothum knows what time it issdothum knows what time it issdothum knows what time it issdothum knows what time it issdothum knows what time it issdothum knows what time it issdothum knows what time it is

Device: Kobo Libra 2
i am not sure whether this is doable but the horizontal margins appears to be scaled (larger) when one rotates to landscape mode. If this orientation is detectable by the widget, adding an optional second comma separated parameter to hor_margin (or separate var for landscape mode) would offer the last bit of tweaking for the anal

Regardless, this is a great widget!
sdothum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2022, 03:47 PM   #27
sherman
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdothum View Post
i am not sure whether this is doable but the horizontal margins appears to be scaled (larger) when one rotates to landscape mode. If this orientation is detectable by the widget, adding an optional second comma separated parameter to hor_margin (or separate var for landscape mode) would offer the last bit of tweaking for the anal

Regardless, this is a great widget!
I cannot reproduce this on my Glo, or Forma. The margin appears to be the same no matter the orientation. Can anyone else reproduce?
Old 06-28-2022, 03:59 PM   #28
sdothum
Enthusiast
sdothum knows what time it issdothum knows what time it issdothum knows what time it issdothum knows what time it issdothum knows what time it issdothum knows what time it issdothum knows what time it issdothum knows what time it issdothum knows what time it issdothum knows what time it issdothum knows what time it is

Quote:
I cannot reproduce this on my Glo, or Forma. The margin appears to be the same no matter the orientation. Can anyone else reproduce?
i apply kobopatch with custom left/right margins.. i wonder if this is only discernible if the selected margin (its percentage value) is large enough?

To clarify: the hor_margin setting fixes the time in a precise location in portrait or landscape mode. But the landscape margins for the text is the same percentage as for portrait orientation, hence, a wider width (unless one reads with no measurable side margins i.e. margin width is zero percent).

Last edited by sdothum; 06-28-2022 at 04:12 PM.
Old 06-28-2022, 04:11 PM   #29
sherman
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdothum View Post
i apply kobopatch with custom left/right margins.. i wonder if this is only discernible if the selected margin (its percentage value) is large enough?
Probably. I don't use that patch, so I don't know how it behaves.

I don't think I will try and mitigate this, it will add complexity to NickelClock for little benefit to most users. I'm trying to keep NickelClock as simple as I can.
Old 06-28-2022, 07:54 PM   #30
sdothum
Enthusiast

Quote:
I don't think I will try and mitigate this, it will add complexity to NickelClock for little benefit to most users. I'm trying to keep NickelClock as simple as I can.
i don't believe kobopatch alters the handling of margin settings -- kobopatch just allows defining custom percentages (versus the default 1 percent increments).

But i agree with you. It is not a huge issue visually -- as a user of both orientations, i just need to set a "middle" value offset.