Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 01-12-2020, 03:49 AM   #31
Fro
Fro began at the beginning.

Device: HiSense A2 S9, Kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by eldon View Post

The phone is also really large. It is almost the exact same length and width as the iphone 6/7 plus. Just thicker. I use an iphone 6 plus leather case for the phone.

Have a nice day! Thank you for your attention! Please can you make a photos of that leather case and send them.
Thank you

Last edited by pdurrant; 01-12-2020 at 04:15 AM. Reason: fixed quote tag
Fro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 01:53 PM   #32
Fro

Maybe somebody have a link where to buy case for Hisense A2? Anything suitable and inexpensive? Thanks
Old 01-16-2020, 02:07 PM   #33
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fro View Post
Maybe somebody have a link where to buy case for Hisense A2? Anything suitable and inexpensive? Thanks
You could get a bumper case which would offer some protection in case of drops: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000...chweb201603_53

I got a transparent one of those and was happy with it.

I had ordered a proper case when I ordered my A2 Pro, but it was dead loss because it covered half eink screen and if I took it out of the case and flipped it around, the buttons didn't line up with the cutouts.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 02:37 PM   #34
Fro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Question Mark View Post
I got a transparent one of those and was happy with it.

I had ordered a proper case when I ordered my A2 Pro, but it was dead loss because it covered half eink screen and if I took it out of the case and flipped it around, the buttons didn't line up with the cutouts.
Thank You!

This one maybe be good:

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32830728271.html

But it is not available now.
Old 02-05-2020, 12:11 AM   #35
tracey1
Addict
tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
What would you advise me here ?

I want google play services on my next e ink phone. And preferably a matte EPD. I believe neither of Hisenses phones falls into the latter category and only the A2pro has google play store functionality.

Is a non-matte e ink screen a big flaw and can you compensate well enough with an anti reflective foil for it ? I will use the E ink Display a LOT, as I did with my Yotaphone 2.

Is the hisense a2pro already too old to purchase it ?

Last edited by tracey1; 02-05-2020 at 12:14 AM.
tracey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 11:18 AM   #36
Waiting4somethin
Addict
Waiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the rough

Device: Wexler Flex One, NookST, n96ml+
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracey1 View Post
What would you advise me here ?

I want google play services on my next e ink phone. And preferably a matte EPD. I believe neither of Hisenses phones falls into the latter category and only the A2pro has google play store functionality.

Is a non-matte e ink screen a big flaw and can you compensate well enough with an anti reflective foil for it ? I will use the E ink Display a LOT, as I did with my Yotaphone 2.

Is the hisense a2pro already too old to purchase it ?
If you can get your hands on the matt screen protector that hisense ship the a5 with (or one like it), that might be good.

That said, I've had trouble getting protectors to attach to screens without bubbles, so unless it's just me, the non-professionally installed result could be disappointing.

In my opinion the reflective screen is a big flaw, it can make reading outside unpleasant, and touching/swiping is not nice...think swiping on those glass ipad screens.

It seems to be selling on aliexpress, which is where I bought it originally.
Waiting4somethin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 11:41 PM   #37
tracey1
Addict
tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waiting4somethin View Post
If you can get your hands on the matt screen protector that hisense ship the a5 with (or one like it), that might be good.

That said, I've had trouble getting protectors to attach to screens without bubbles, so unless it's just me, the non-professionally installed result could be disappointing.

In my opinion the reflective screen is a big flaw, it can make reading outside unpleasant, and touching/swiping is not nice...think swiping on those glass ipad screens.

It seems to be selling on aliexpress, which is where I bought it originally.
Thank you. I'm afraid this doesnt make my decision easier. You mentioning how much of a disadvantage the reflective screen is turns me off a lot.. but at the same it's the only phone with google play services .. So I'm puzzled and not sure what to do here. I do intend to mainly use the E ink Display just like I did with my Yotaphone 2..
Old 03-07-2020, 06:10 PM   #38
eReader fan
Addict
eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.

Device: Onyx Nova pro and Hisense A2 pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracey1 View Post
Thank you. I'm afraid this doesnt make my decision easier. You mentioning how much of a disadvantage the reflective screen is turns me off a lot.. but at the same it's the only phone with google play services .. So I'm puzzled and not sure what to do here. I do intend to mainly use the E ink Display just like I did with my Yotaphone 2..

I really don't understand why the reflective screen dissapoint so much everyone. I have the Hisense a2 pro and have no problem with it. I also have the hisense a5, but it gives me eyestrain, so maybe I will buy another a2 pro if something happens to the one I have. There is also the Hisense a6, but much more expensive. I would really love to try it, but buying a 400€ phone is something I don't really want to do.

Question for the A2 owners: the phone is always closing the apps running on background through the Power saving assistant, and I want to disable it. Anyone knows how to do it? I added the apps in the "White list" inside the Power saving assistant" but keeps closing my music and my torrent client.

Thsnks
eReader fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 09:08 PM   #39
tracey1
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by eReader fan View Post
I really don't understand why the reflective screen dissapoint so much everyone. I have the Hisense a2 pro and have no problem with it. I also have the hisense a5, but it gives me eyestrain, so maybe I will buy another a2 pro if something happens to the one I have. There is also the Hisense a6, but much more expensive. I would really love to try it, but buying a 400€ phone is something I don't really want to do.

Question for the A2 owners: the phone is always closing the apps running on background through the Power saving assistant, and I want to disable it. Anyone knows how to do it? I added the apps in the "White list" inside the Power saving assistant" but keeps closing my music and my torrent client.

Thsnks
Mind if I ask some questions ?
Does the non-reflective screen of the A2 pro blind you at times / give you eye strain ?
Are Android upgrades supported and do they work well ?
Does google play store work?
How do you find the browsing experience on the A2pro?
Why does the A5 give you eye strain and is the EPD non-reflective ?