Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 10-04-2010, 05:23 AM   #46
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by playful View Post
Hey SneakySnake,

Greetings from Kyogle, 20ks South of the QLD border!
My lady companion brought the latest Kingle DX 3G back from the States...
We took it camping up to Cairns... It is amazing. It was unreal to download a book wirelessly at two in the morning in the tent in the middle of nowhere!!!
Anyway, we couldn't share anymore, so I ordered one.

I thought Amazon didn't ship internationally and that I would get hassled by customs, but here is the scoop: They do ship the Kindle; they only charge twenty bucks, and they use DHL courier service ... And customs don't hassle you because it's under $1000 (no GST).

For me, it's a no brainer. Huge screen, free 3G... I was tempted to skimp, but I got a $850 dentist bill for 75 minutes of work, and that put things in perspective... It's well worth the 400 bucks.

Wishing you a beautiful week,

Andy
Cheers big ears!

I have been to Kyogle. I remember it as lovely and green!

I purchased the Sony 900. Expensive at the time, but I love it. Wireless was not available then, but now it works for Kindle. Did I make the wrong choice? I dunno. I didn't want to be stuck on Amazon' s format.

Enjoy your new reader. I particularly like mine when I travel. Its like a small paperback on the plane, but with lots of books onboard.

Cheers

SS

Last edited by SneakySnake; 10-04-2010 at 05:25 AM.
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 05:27 AM   #47
playful
Mammal
playful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmos

Device: Onyx Note Pro, Kindle DXG
Hi SneakySnake,

That sounds like a sweet reader!

Wishing you lots of fun with it.

Cheers,

Andy
playful is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-25-2010, 02:53 AM   #48
rosco
rosco
rosco doesn't litterrosco doesn't litter

Device: sony prs 900/jtech 700
hi Snake, I live in WA and have been ereader fan for a while. I have Chinese eteck and a prs 900 sony daily reader.
I mainly use the reader and buy the books from USA. Half price to here. Have to be dodgy joining all the ebook libraries in US . I joined all of them by using a friends USA address. Can pay paypal or visa.
Very happy with the prs 900 has the e ink and lasts about 3 books on a charge. Bought it from USA ebay shopintheusa and the service was so good I have bought one for my son in law. Sony ebook outlet is the hardest to buy books from as it wont let you buy with overseas visa or paypal but I put up with it as it has the range of books I like. There are members here that will help you buy books online. you can download onto the sony software from other outlets ok.

Last edited by rosco; 10-25-2010 at 04:30 AM.
rosco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 02:55 AM   #49
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosco View Post
hi Snake, I live in WA and have been ereader fan for a while. I have Chinese eteck and a prs 900 sony daily reader.
I mainly use the reader and buy the books from USA. Half price to here. Have to be dodgy joining all the ebook libraries in US . I joined all of them by using a friends USA address. Can pay paypal or visa.
Very happy with the prs 900 has the e ink and lasts about 3 books on a charge. Bought it from USA ebay shopintheusa and the service was so good I have bought one for my son in law. Sony ebook outlet is the hardest to buy books from as it wont let you buy with overseas visa or paypal but I put up with it as it has the range of books I like. There are members here that will help you buy books online. you can download onto the sony software from other outlets ok. *********
Do you really want to advertise your email address so obviously ?
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 03:34 AM   #50
GeoffC
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

daniel
Advert
Old 10-25-2010, 03:51 AM   #51
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
daniel
See, Geoff, I know what you're waving at, because I still can see the deleted post from the spammer, but everyone else is looking at you going, "Right, Geoff has completely lost it. He's seeing imaginary friends". This would never happen to me. Or Adrian.

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 03:54 AM   #52
GeoffC

It always happens to me, that and the imaginary friends ....
Old 10-25-2010, 04:32 AM   #53
rosco
rosco
rosco doesn't litterrosco doesn't litter

Device: sony prs 900/jtech 700
yeh deleted it.
rosco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 04:34 AM   #54
GeoffC