Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 09-18-2020, 07:08 PM   #76
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura, KA1, Onyx Max
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobnail View Post
That's rather a bit more hoop jumping than I think should be needed. But if it's that important to you to have android on your ereader, you're welcome to it.
Hardly hoop jumping at all. Dead simple. I have the other devices anyway. And it seldom takes long to discover how to adjust the visual settings for an app to make it usable on an eink screen.

As for Android, quite pleased to have it. NeoReader does not handle Japanese all that well. I don't run a lot of other apps on my Onyx devices, but the ones that I do make reading and studying much more pleasurable. Even for Chinese, there's a dictionary app which I have which is far superior to what NeoReader ships with.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 11:34 PM   #77
hobnail
Running with scissors
hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Question Mark View Post
Hardly hoop jumping at all. Dead simple. I have the other devices anyway. And it seldom takes long to discover how to adjust the visual settings for an app to make it usable on an eink screen.
Whatever floats your boat.
hobnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 12:05 AM   #78
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura, KA1, Onyx Max
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobnail View Post
Whatever floats your boat.
Mostly plain sailing for me. However, some people seem determined to see a tempest in a teacup. Whatever sinks your boat.

If you don't need other apps than the ones your ereader ships with, no need to install them. There are also plenty of ereaders which don't allow users to install apps.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 01:05 AM   #79
ottischwenk
Guru
ottischwenk herds cats with both ease and graceottischwenk herds cats with both ease and graceottischwenk herds cats with both ease and graceottischwenk herds cats with both ease and graceottischwenk herds cats with both ease and graceottischwenk herds cats with both ease and graceottischwenk herds cats with both ease and graceottischwenk herds cats with both ease and graceottischwenk herds cats with both ease and graceottischwenk herds cats with both ease and graceottischwenk herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: B Ares/Alita, OB Nova2/Poke2/Poke Pro, Tol Epos2/Shine3/Shine2/Page2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Question Mark View Post
There are also plenty of ereaders which don't allow users to install apps.
I initially bought something like that, with the result that I read paper.
Now I only have one registered, switched off and unused ancient Kindle of these, because it allows me to download books without a new DRM.

Last edited by ottischwenk; 09-19-2020 at 01:12 AM.
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:34 PM   #80
bluesnews
Enthusiast
bluesnews began at the beginning.

Device: sony 505
Well now we have new readers with a newer version of android. I guess none of the older readers will be getting an update.
bluesnews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:49 AM   #81
ottischwenk
Guru
ottischwenk herds cats with both ease and graceottischwenk herds cats with both ease and graceottischwenk herds cats with both ease and graceottischwenk herds cats with both ease and graceottischwenk herds cats with both ease and graceottischwenk herds cats with both ease and graceottischwenk herds cats with both ease and graceottischwenk herds cats with both ease and graceottischwenk herds cats with both ease and graceottischwenk herds cats with both ease and graceottischwenk herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: B Ares/Alita, OB Nova2/Poke2/Poke Pro, Tol Epos2/Shine3/Shine2/Page2
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesnews View Post
Well now we have new readers with a newer version of android. I guess none of the older readers will be getting an update.
I haven't seen a single Android update from Onyx-Boox.
However, new releases with (somewhat) improved hardware.
In my opinion, Note 2, Nova 2, Poke 2 will not get an Android update either, because the 3-series versions are in the starting blocks.
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote