Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 09-08-2020, 10:56 PM   #1
norweger
Addict
norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.

Device: Android-phone, HTC Desire Z
Comics in vertical view, possible?

I've just got my hands on an Onyx Boox Note 2, and I've got Walking Dead Compendium 4 on it, and I am trying to read it in vertical mode. Is that possible?

I've tried three apps with no luck. The native comic reader, Kindle and Astonishing Comic Reader.
norweger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 08:43 AM   #2
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Nova
What's vertical mode? You mean scrolling down the pages?

Last edited by Pajamaman; 09-09-2020 at 08:46 AM.
Pajamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 09:17 AM   #3
norweger
Addict
norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamaman View Post
What's vertical mode? You mean scrolling down the pages?
Yeah, that's right. So you hold the Onyx Boox upright, so the comic page fits neatly into the display, instead of holding it in horizontal mode.
Old 09-09-2020, 10:23 AM   #4
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Nova
You mean portrait mode? That's the default mode in the default Neoreader app. Look under format and navigation settings for all that stuff.
Pajamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 05:33 PM   #5
norweger
Addict

Appreciated!

EDIT. Tried the native neo reader app, it's vertical, but it doesn't browse pages right.

Last edited by norweger; 09-15-2020 at 06:01 PM.
Old 09-26-2020, 05:40 PM   #6
draw2much
draw2much began at the beginning.

Device: Boox Poke 2
What about Challenger Comics Viewer? It's got a lot of options and, if I recall when I was testing it, I thought it would be good for vertical scrolling (though for regular left-to-right the default Boox reader seems best).
draw2much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 06:54 PM   #7
norweger
Addict

Thanks for checking in, draw2much. I resolved the problem. It was the native viewer which was zoomed ever so slightly in, thus I had to click twice to turn pages.

I wish the image wouldn't flash by in negative when I turn the page, but it was alright nonetheless. I finished Walking Dead 4.