Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 10-12-2018, 01:20 AM   #241
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Yotaphone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuartjmz View Post
Indeed it is, as are Kim and the Just So stories, and your comment has reminded me I need them all on my new Kobo, in English I did laugh when I first started learning Hindi years ago and realised that the names of the characters are simply the Hindi/Urdu words for the animal in question - VERY inventive on his part
Let me give my version of Kim at MobileRead a small plug. It's free, and (if I say so myself) well-formatted and with minimal typos. And some illustrations by Kipling's father.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 02:48 AM   #242
stuartjmz
Contrarian
stuartjmz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stuartjmz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stuartjmz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stuartjmz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stuartjmz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stuartjmz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stuartjmz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stuartjmz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stuartjmz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stuartjmz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stuartjmz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Let me give my version of Kim at MobileRead a small plug. It's free, and (if I say so myself) well-formatted and with minimal typos. And some illustrations by Kipling's father.
Bahut bahut shukriya!
stuartjmz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 12:24 PM   #243
Dngrsone
Almost legible
Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S7 Edge, Galaxy Tab 4 7.0, Galaxy Tab A (2017)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuartjmz View Post
Indeed it is, as are Kim and the Just So stories, and your comment has reminded me I need them all on my new Kobo, in English I did laugh when I first started learning Hindi years ago and realised that the names of the characters are simply the Hindi/Urdu words for the animal in question - VERY inventive on his part
Pretty easy when there are only one of each animal in the stories.
Dngrsone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 03:37 PM   #244
stuartjmz
Contrarian
stuartjmz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stuartjmz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stuartjmz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stuartjmz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stuartjmz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stuartjmz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stuartjmz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stuartjmz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stuartjmz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stuartjmz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stuartjmz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dngrsone View Post
Pretty easy when there are only one of each animal in the stories.
Except the bandar log (itself a hindustani phrase) of course.
stuartjmz is online now   Reply With Quote