Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 03-11-2014, 07:02 PM   #16
peachiekene
Fanatic
peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura one, htc 10, kobo glo hd
I like kobo, but I do wish they would list what formats their books are available. (kepubs are kobo only).
The only trick I've found, that I've learned from somewhere in these forums, is to "Save Preview" first. Then go into your library on the site. Look underneath the title and author. If it is blank that means it is a kepub and can only be downloaded on a kobo/kobo app. If it is some other format it will say
Download options: EPUB (DRM-Free)
or
Download options: Adobe DRM EPUB
peachiekene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 05:54 PM   #17
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Having read this great book, I see Sandra Bullock as the Hermes commander assuming she would take a support role. Not sure who should play Mark Watney. Any thoughts?
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-21-2014, 06:20 PM   #18
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyC View Post
Having read this great book, I see Sandra Bullock as the Hermes commander assuming she would take a support role. Not sure who should play Mark Watney. Any thoughts?
I'm about a third of the way through this at the moment so I'm being careful of spoilers, but I could see somebody like Mark Wahlberg as Mark Watney - an action hero type guy, but with a bit of humour about him.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 06:26 PM   #19
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Be interested in how you like the book. I liked it a lot.
Old 03-21-2014, 09:15 PM   #20
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
I'm about a third of the way through this at the moment so I'm being careful of spoilers, but I could see somebody like Mark Wahlberg as Mark Watney - an action hero type guy, but with a bit of humour about him.
I see Matthew McConaughey as Mark Watney.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-22-2014, 01:28 PM   #21
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer

Agree. I vote for Matthew McConaughey as well.
Old 03-27-2014, 03:33 PM   #22
curtw
Outside of a dog
curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Matthew McConaughey is too tall. There would have to be really extreme circumstances for NASA to select an astronaut over 5'11" (would require redesigning space suits). I pictured a Clark Gregg, or maybe somebody a little younger (he's the same age as McConaughey).
curtw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 03:52 PM   #23
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Euan McGregor?
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 09:05 PM   #24
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by curtw View Post
Matthew McConaughey is too tall. There would have to be really extreme circumstances for NASA to select an astronaut over 5'11" (would require redesigning space suits). I pictured a Clark Gregg, or maybe somebody a little younger (he's the same age as McConaughey).
If they can hire Tom Cruise to play Jack Reacher then Mathew McConaughey can play the lead in The Martian. And I think he would be more believable in the role.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 06:14 AM   #25
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
I've just really enjoyed this too. So much so, that my wife has asked me to read it to her. (She has a Nook, but I'm its Text To Speech feature.)

Graham
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 12:12 PM   #26
din155
Guru
din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Win 10 thinkpad 8in
I also loved this book. Writing style was quite fresh and the story had just the right pace. Recommended it to a few friends, hope they like it. I will surely be on lookout for more books from the author.
din155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 01:09 PM   #27
CBG
CBG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CBG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CBG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CBG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CBG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CBG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CBG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CBG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CBG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CBG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CBG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Libra
I am right in the middle of it and it won't take long to finish it. As din155 said, style and story are spot on. This book is a good surprise indeed.
CBG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 10:28 AM   #28
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
Just finished listening to the audiobook of this it was fantastic. I couldn't turn it off I enjoyed it immensely thanks to all here who recommended it, its not the type of book I would usually pick up
melmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 11:07 AM   #29
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I had a blast reading it.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 01:12 PM   #30
JLius
Village idiot
JLius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS T-1
In spite of all the 'Yay's', I really enjoyed reading this. Thanks for the tip!
JLius is offline   Reply With Quote