Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: Can you keep up with the MR Llounge polls?
The Blue one, next to the fish 27 62.79%
Toaster Oven 22 51.16%
Shums 1 2.33%
Hairy 1 2.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-17-2009, 12:28 PM   #61
NormHart
Semper Carpe Bufo
NormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kindle2 & Kindle3
Continued;

(and what about these squirrels?)
NormHart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 12:36 PM   #62
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by NormHart View Post
As a new (virginal even) psock in this strange (outre even) environment I am unsure of the mystic value of 42.

What secrets lie within this cryptic comment?

x41
oh, the significance of the number 42 goes far, far beyond the scope of the llounge. it's even bigger than all of mobileread ! (i know, you didn't think such a thing was possible, did you ?). perhaps this will help to enlighten you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NormHart View Post
Continued;

(and what about these squirrels?)
have you never heard the (in)famous proverb, "the love of squirrels is the root of all evil" ?
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-17-2009, 02:11 PM   #63
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who are you? View Post
I think it's petty to keep demanding that ShortNCuddlyAm publicly embarrass herself by publicly confessing to what she did with the toaster, as she said it was the bureaucracy that forced her to do it, she obviously had no choice.

My vote goes to to keep the Toaster Oven scandal under the wraps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazbates View Post
You must be a politician! That's their modus operandi!!
A toaster cosy?

Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 02:15 PM   #64
Peverel
Still Easily Confused
Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
A toaster cosy?

OMG is that really a toaster under there or has it been usurped by a kettle or George Foreman Grill?
Peverel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 02:16 PM   #65
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peverel View Post
OMG is that really a toaster under there or has it been usurped by a kettle or George Foreman Grill?
could THAT be the story behind Toaster-Gate ?????
Advert
Old 06-17-2009, 02:17 PM   #66
ravenne
Wizard
ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, PocketBook 360°, Cybook Gen3, iPad mini
Quote:
A toaster cosy?
Awwwwwww!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	toast.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	28.7 KB
ID:	30893  
ravenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 02:17 PM   #67
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Yes, there's a toaster under there. Some people think that a toaster clutters up the counter so they cover it up with some homemade clutter.

WDE.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 02:18 PM   #68
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Yes, there's a toaster under there. Some people think that a toaster clutters up the counter so they cover it up with some homemade clutter.

WDE.
i thought it was to keep the toaster warm during long winter nights.
Old 06-17-2009, 02:19 PM   #69
ravenne
Wizard
ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, PocketBook 360°, Cybook Gen3, iPad mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
i thought it was to keep the toaster warm during long winter nights.
ravenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 02:22 PM   #70
Peverel
Still Easily Confused
Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

WDE.
hmmm there is probably a whole theory on exponential clutter creation in there somewhere........
Old 06-17-2009, 02:25 PM   #71
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Oh, you'd love them if they were your own!

(Dontcha just hate it when people say that?)
Quote:
the salient point, of course, is that THEY ARE NOT MY OWN.

yes. yes i do. also, when they tell me i'll understand when i become a mother. sheesh. get over yourself.
Thank you very much! MY children would be BETTER than your own. That is the REAL salient point. And, by the way, I checked into that address you gave me and I think you might have been sipping one of Marc's ZCD's when you typed it. I know that you would like a second (or third, fourth, fifth,etc.) chance to send me the correct address!

Pardon me for a minute, I need to go see what/pull apart my little devils. . .uh, I mean angels . . .be right back. . .

. . .Shannon, let go of your brothers hair. . . I am trying to get you a vacation in Paris and you are not helping. No, Zachary, we cannot send your sister to the original address Zelda posted. . .I know I have threatened to send her to outerspace before, but I was just kidding. . .sort of . . .

. . .Calgon, take me away!!!!!
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 02:26 PM   #72
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenne View Post
Awwwwwww!!!
Wait, I think I see the Virgin Mary in that toast! Hang on to it Ravenne. you could sell it on Ebay and make a ton of money!!
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 02:29 PM   #73
Peverel
Still Easily Confused

Quote:
have you never heard the (in)famous proverb, "the love of squirrels is the root of all evil" ?
I thought it was "the love of squirrels is the root of all nasty and embarrassing rashes on yo.........." - oops never mind - ignore me
Old 06-17-2009, 02:32 PM   #74
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Name:  bread_yeah.gif
Views: 137
Size:  114.2 KB
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 02:37 PM   #75
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Thank you very much! MY children would be BETTER than your own. That is the REAL salient point.
hm. since my own are at this point in time thoroughly hypothetical, it's quite possible you're right. and since i see no easy way of verifying this theory, i'll just accept your hypothesis. and of course, i would never want to deprive a mother of children which are rightfully her own and therefore belong by her side !

Quote:
And, by the way, I checked into that address you gave me and I think you might have been sipping one of Marc's ZCD's when you typed it. I know that you would like a second (or third, fourth, fifth,etc.) chance to send me the correct address!
oh, sheesh, how careless of me, you have my apologies !! the correct address should read :

Meteorite XBDL9-X-99K11-3
Galaxy NGC 4414
Constellation Coma Berenices
Outer Space

Quote:
Pardon me for a minute, I need to go see what/pull apart my little devils. . .uh, I mean angels . . .be right back. . .

. . .Shannon, let go of your brothers hair. . . I am trying to get you a vacation in Paris and you are not helping. No, Zachary, we cannot send your sister to the original address Zelda posted. . .I know I have threatened to send her to outerspace before, but I was just kidding. . .sort of . . .

. . .Calgon, take me away!!!!!
watch out kaz, your credibility is slipping...

Quote:
Wait, I think I see the Virgin Mary in that toast! Hang on to it Ravenne. you could sell it on Ebay and make a ton of money!!
excellent plan ! that should cover the postage to Coma Berenices !!!

Quote:
I thought it was "the love of squirrels is the root of all nasty and embarrassing rashes on yo.........." - oops never mind - ignore me
one experience does not a proverb make, pev. or, as we like to say proverbially, "one swallow* does not a springtime make."

*in the ornithological sense. it's more obvious in french.