Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 12-02-2008, 06:58 PM   #16
Jim Lester
Evangelist
Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.

Device: Nook HD, Nook for Windows 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
I find the rat to be quite emblematic of our government (both parties combined), The statue should be right at the main entrance of Congress!
Especially since "Mickey Mouse" seems to be our preferred governmental method of operation.

--
ps. The ad filters are having fun: "'Mouse' over for your free Disney vacation planning DVD"
Jim Lester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 07:30 PM   #17
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Mice are small. Rats are big. Just sayin'.
And neither is generally seen around town in red shorts with big buttons, have dogs, and friends who are sort of dogs, but sort of not ... and talk. Just sayin'
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-02-2008, 07:31 PM   #18
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
Yeah, it's called public domain.
Not quite the same .... if the copyright did belong to the American people, then we'd all get a nice cut of the zillions of dollars Disney makes off that mouse every year.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 10:20 PM   #19
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB1150, iPhone, Cool-er Purple, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
well, i can't say i find that justified or reasonable, but if it means they'll stop corrupting the copyright laws for the rest of us then i'm all for it.

(also : seriously ?? they want the symbol of america to be a cartoon rat ????)
He's a mouse.

Amy
sassanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 10:21 PM   #20
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassanik View Post
He's a mouse.

Amy
Mickey Mouse is a mouse?

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-02-2008, 10:31 PM   #21
Barcey
Wizard
Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O / Aura HD / Glo / iPad3
This wouldn't make them happy. They'll want forever plus 90 years.
Barcey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 12:13 AM   #22
bill_mchale
Wizard
bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, HPC Evo 4G LTE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
I've read the recent Supreme Court ruling on copyright. They did not agree to perpetual copyright. They just said that the length was to be determined by Congress, which was free to lengthen (or shorten) it as Congress saw fit.

(No, I didn't keep a link...)
I have too, they won't allow an explicit perpetual copyright, but they seem to have no objection to Congress continually renewing the copyrights of existing properties which ultimately amounts to the de facto perpetual copyright.

--
Bill
bill_mchale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 05:56 AM   #23
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barcey View Post
This wouldn't make them happy. They'll want forever plus 90 years.
pfff !
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 06:09 AM   #24
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
Ugh... I might feel marginally sympathetic if Disney were still controlled by the Disneys. But this is just insane. Let go of the stupid rodent already!

BTW, I found this kinda ironic:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mickey.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	16.7 KB
ID:	18652  
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 06:13 AM   #25
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylrob View Post
Ugh... I might feel marginally sympathetic if Disney were still controlled by the Disneys. But this is just insane. Let go of the stupid rodent already!

BTW, I found this kinda ironic:
Yeah, I got a disney ad as well, only mine was in swedish and would let me experience all the wonders of Disney World on DVD... Weeeee! or something....
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 06:17 AM   #26
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

oh, now look what you've done :
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	imgad.jpeg
Views:	243
Size:	28.0 KB
ID:	18653  
Old 12-03-2008, 06:21 AM   #27
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_mchale View Post
In any case, the Peter Pan copyright is, if I remember held by a charitable organization... which is why it was granted a perpetual copyright in Britain. Quite different from granting a for profit corporation a perpetual copyright.

--
Bill
Absolutely right. The copyright for "Peter Pan" was granted in perpetuity to Great Ormand Street children's hospital in London, and all revenue from the book, movies, etc, goes directly to them.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 06:22 AM   #28
acidzebra
Liseuse Lover
acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
I'm still kind of amazed that people venture forth on the internet without a heavy-duty adblocker. The closest analogy I can think of would probably going to the South American jungles, naked, without mosquito repellent.
acidzebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 06:39 AM   #29
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidzebra View Post
I'm still kind of amazed that people venture forth on the internet without a heavy-duty adblocker. The closest analogy I can think of would probably going to the South American jungles, naked, without mosquito repellent.
Oh I do, just that I disabled it for MR, so we can play the "Confuse the ad-server" game
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 06:42 AM   #30
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidzebra View Post
actually i enjoy some ads, they can be funny. plus i like to keep an eye on them for the occasional genius graphism (that one for the pocket pc database tools : inspired !!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slite View Post
Oh I do, just that I disabled it for MR, so we can play the "Confuse the ad-server" game
...and then there's that.