Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 07-05-2008, 08:46 AM   #1
peterbbb
BoyReader
peterbbb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.peterbbb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.peterbbb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.peterbbb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Cybook Gen3 and now Kindle 3
Best price for Cybook 3 plus case

I am in the UK.

Which is the best (I guess cheapest) place to buy a Cybook including postage - or close enough to London for me to drive to to collect?

Thanks

Peter
peterbbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 10:45 AM   #2
Loopy65
Groupie
Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 3; iPad & iPhone 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterbbb View Post
I am in the UK.

Which is the best (I guess cheapest) place to buy a Cybook including postage - or close enough to London for me to drive to to collect?

Thanks

Peter
Hi Peter

Way back before Christmas the only place to purchase was direct from Bookeen but now there's actually a choice! .. I'm afraid I don't have the time to list all the prices but here are the website addys ..

1) Bookeen.com (most expensive)
2) Pixmania.co.uk
3) e-readers.co.uk

Happy hunting

Loopy (Gill)
Loopy65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-05-2008, 10:49 AM   #3
petermillard
Evangelist
petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, iPhone, K3 & Amazon - between them they cover my needs.
Hi there

I think you'll find that prices are pretty much the same wherever you go, and I'm not sure there are any retail outlets (i.e. places you can collect from) selling the Cybook right now. I'm also in London and ordered mine a few weeks ago from Bookeen late on a Friday and it was delivered on the following Tuesday - minus the case, sadly, which still hasn't 'followed-on'

FWIW I paid about £280-odd inc. case, delivered - though I think there's been a slight price hike for us Brits since then thanks to £/Euro fluctuations.

HTH, Pete
petermillard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 11:08 AM   #4
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
You should also consider NAEB. Yes, they ship from the US; but the price gets better as the exchange rate gets worse.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 11:10 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
People seem to be waiting for literally MONTHS, though, to get stuff from NAEB. Yes, their price is good, but I wouldn't want to wait that long, personally.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-05-2008, 11:40 AM   #6
peterbbb
BoyReader
peterbbb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.peterbbb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.peterbbb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.peterbbb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Thanks for that, guys...

Any other views on NAEB and deliver times?
Old 07-05-2008, 11:59 AM   #7
peterbbb
BoyReader

Just checked the NAEB site for price

The NAEB site price for a cybook and case etc is about £100 ($200) cheaper than the price from Bookeen. Postage to be added. Not to be sniffed at, methinks...

I've emailed them to see what delivery and postage costs are going to be.

Just want one ...
Old 07-05-2008, 12:18 PM   #8
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
The NAEB site price for a cybook and case etc is about £100 ($200) cheaper than the price from Bookeen. Postage to be added. Not to be sniffed at, methinks...

I've emailed them to see what delivery and postage costs are going to be.

Just want one ...
What's your postal code in the UK? And what method of delivery do you want? US Postal Service International Priority Mail? UPS? FedEx? Please send this info via email to us and we'll get that information to you.

Derek (NAEB)
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 12:56 PM   #9
peterbbb
BoyReader

Hey - whatever the result of this, and I do hope they can deliver in a reasonable time and at a reasonable cost, they respond to my emails in a fraction of a second. Great stuff.

I'll keep you all informed.
Old 07-06-2008, 11:09 AM   #10
Loopy65
Groupie
Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Hey - whatever the result of this, and I do hope they can deliver in a reasonable time and at a reasonable cost, they respond to my emails in a fraction of a second. Great stuff.

I'll keep you all informed.
If you're thinking of getting it from the US it may be worth sending an e-mail to Books On Board .. they have a really cheap option! .. altho not sure what the postage would be or if they can even ship to here (UK) .. www.booksonboard.com

Loopy
Old 07-06-2008, 11:12 AM   #11
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I'm pretty sure that BoB only ship in North America.

When buying from the US, bearing mind that you'll have to pay both customs duty and VAT when the package arrives, which can add a considerable "extra" to the price.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 11:37 AM   #12
Loopy65
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I'm pretty sure that BoB only ship in North America.

When buying from the US, bearing mind that you'll have to pay both customs duty and VAT when the package arrives, which can add a considerable "extra" to the price.
oooo excellent point Harry! .. I forget that until I get the letter from the royal mail telling me I need to pay £xx to get my parcel released!

Gill
Old 07-06-2008, 12:26 PM   #13
petermillard
Evangelist
petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, iPhone, K3 & Amazon - between them they cover my needs.
I'd also want to know about any warranty issues e.g. if the item has to be returned for repair under warranty, does it have to be returned to the U.S. supplier, or can it be sent direct to Bookeen?

You can bargain-hunt and try to take advantage of exchange-rates, but with warranty concerns, VAT, import duty, delivery times etc.. I didn't really think the savings were worthwhile compared to just buying from Bookeen with a full EU warranty, delivered in a couple of working days - and I have absolutely no regrets doing so!

If you want one, you want one - but let us know how you get on...

Best, Peter
petermillard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 01:01 PM   #14
peterbbb
BoyReader

Bookeen say 12 days for delivery and are slightly more expensive than e-readers.

Does anyone have anything to put me off e-readers for a Cybook?

Peter
Old 07-06-2008, 01:40 PM   #15
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Bookeen say 12 days for delivery and are slightly more expensive than e-readers.

Does anyone have anything to put me off e-readers for a Cybook?

Peter
Yes. It's a quality machine and, therefore, is FAR too good for the average customer/reading addict!

IOW, if you're not trying to use it solely for PDF documents and would rather read mobi ebooks, you'll be quite happy with the Cybook.

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote