Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-21-2011, 12:06 AM   #1
seaniko7
wannabe developer
seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kindle: 2xKeyboard, Classic, 2xTouch, 2xPW, PW2; Onyx: Boox M92
Need help with cross-compiled pianobar

I've managed to cross-compile pianobar for Kindle 3, but I need some support with ALSA stuff.

When it begins to stream music :

Quote:
ALSA lib pcm.c:2014:(snd_pcm_open_conf) Invalid type for PCM front definition (id: front, value: cards.pcm.front)
ao_alsa WARNING: Unable to open surround playback. Trying default device...
message appears; sound is messy. It plays for about 5 sec and then it shows read/write error.

I would be very grateful if somebody helped me. :)
seaniko7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 01:33 PM   #2
seaniko7
wannabe developer
seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.seaniko7 can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kindle: 2xKeyboard, Classic, 2xTouch, 2xPW, PW2; Onyx: Boox M92
Ok, I got rid of error messages by updating ALSA libraries and utils.

Sadly it's still crackling.
seaniko7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-22-2011, 01:44 PM   #3
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
I think the Kindle was a bit picky about sample rates. It needs some certain ones. I don't know pianobar enough, however, to give tipps how to use certain ones.
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 09:24 PM   #4
Xqtftqx
Enthusiast
Xqtftqx doesn't litterXqtftqx doesn't litterXqtftqx doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3G
I tried to get pianobar to work as well, try "nice -n10 pianobar"

i got better success that way
Xqtftqx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 05:44 PM   #5
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by seaniko7 View Post
Ok, I got rid of error messages by updating ALSA libraries and utils.

Sadly it's still crackling.
As I recall, K3's do that, its a built-in feature.

Build and run on one of your K5s - you should have better luck.

Nearly all of the audio/video stuff twobob did was for the K5 (for just this reason).
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-30-2014, 11:22 PM   #6
brianinmaine
Evangelist
brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Touch (5.3.7)
OK, I'm still working on it. I can run it from ssh but I want to be able to run it from kterm - so I'm working on that. Also there are some warnings about undefined symbols... BUT I can login and hear music.

My setup in case you are curious:
I have a partition on my laptop with debian ARM & qemu so I can chroot into it.
This way I can apt-get anything debian has, including source or just git tools or whatever.
Then I compile the program using the readme or whatever...
Then I have a script that packages it with the dependent libraries.
I then move it to the Kindle and ssh in and try it.

This program is weird because it calls for ffmpeg libraries that I tried to build but after 6 hours I gave up so I found a hint about using wheezy-backports for the libraries instead. Then pianobar built in like 20 seconds. Still working on the whole package.

edit: posted a working file in the other thread.

Last edited by brianinmaine; 10-31-2014 at 12:18 AM.
brianinmaine is offline   Reply With Quote