Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 01-10-2017, 01:01 AM   #16
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
I'm using 6.3.3 (Android version) No issues. I'd advise you to update if you have forum posts opening in another app.

Sent from my XT1528
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 09:51 AM   #17
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookmarked View Post
I noticed something that's probably related on Android. When I was trying to get Tapatalk to add Mobileread back, I noticed that when I clicked on an http link to a forum (from anywhere - in Chrome, an email message, etc), Android would offer me a choice of app to use - browsers or Tapatalk. When I clicked on an https forum link, the only apps offered were browsers, but not Tapatalk.

I'm assuming that Tapatalk is only registered in Android to handle http URIs and not https URIs. I'm not sure where to check that, unless it's buried somewhere in the developer's settings.

I wonder if there are any other settings in the Tapatalk control panel settings that need changing for Mobileread?
I think you're on to something. Since MobileRead is now https, any "originally posted by" is also https.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 10:05 AM   #18
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I'm using 6.3.3 (Android version) No issues. I'd advise you to update if you have forum posts opening in another app.

Sent from my XT1528
I can't update because the fonts in the thread are too small in the new version. I have reported that to Tapatalk and they don't care. The older version has four font sizes to choose from and I use very large. The new one only has small, medium and large.

Do you use 6.3.3 on a tablet? I tried that version and I have huge margins on each side on my tablet, but the phone is fine.

Here's screenshots of both 6.3.3 and 6.2.5, and also the old 4.6.2 with a larger font.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2017-01-10-09-58-39.png
Views:	247
Size:	177.1 KB
ID:	154075Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2017-01-10-10-03-27.png
Views:	244
Size:	194.9 KB
ID:	154076Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2017-01-10-10-01-20.png
Views:	239
Size:	184.5 KB
ID:	154077
Old 01-10-2017, 12:18 PM   #19
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I use it on my Nexus tablet and my phone. Unfortunately there is nothing that can be done to fix the link issue without updating.

I did read Tapatalk uses your system font size. So if you up the size it will get bigger.

I've never pay attention to margins. It's not an eBook so margins are not important to me.

Sent from my XT1528
Old 01-10-2017, 01:41 PM   #20
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I use it on my Nexus tablet and my phone. Unfortunately there is nothing that can be done to fix the link issue without updating.

I did read Tapatalk uses your system font size. So if you up the size it will get bigger.

I've never pay attention to margins. It's not an eBook so margins are not important to me.

Sent from my XT1528
But do you have the large margins on your Nexus? My tablet is Kitkat so I wondered if that was a problem.
Old 01-10-2017, 01:45 PM   #21
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:

Sent from my XT1528
Also, I already have my system font set to large. If I go one up things get so large that some text won't fit inside a button and other things - the text is just cut off.
Old 01-10-2017, 01:49 PM   #22
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
But do you have the large margins on your Nexus? My tablet is Kitkat so I wondered if that was a problem.
I don't use Tapatalk as often on my tablet (Nexus 7) as I do on my phone, so I didn't realize the difference in margins until the other day when Mobileread wasn't working - yuck! I looked through every setting to see if I could narrow the margins a bit!

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 02:09 PM   #23
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by copyrite View Post
I don't use Tapatalk as often on my tablet (Nexus 7) as I do on my phone, so I didn't realize the difference in margins until the other day when Mobileread wasn't working - yuck! I looked through every setting to see if I could narrow the margins a bit!

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
If you happen to have a previous version backed up 6.2.5 doesn't have that problem. My husband wonders why I don't update my apps frequently, but this kind of crap is why. You should leave a bad review - that's the only way they have ever paid attention to issues for me anyway.
Old 01-10-2017, 04:45 PM   #24
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
You should leave a bad review - that's the only way they have ever paid attention to issues for me anyway.
Already did that.

My paid version of the app is very old and consequently too old to be grandfathered in with a non-ad version. I detest the ads. I'd pay to remove them for a one time not too expensive fee, but I refuse to give them something monthly, or even annually for ad removal. I think it's a one time $14.99 fee for permanent removal. too high, IMO.
Old 01-10-2017, 05:35 PM   #25
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

I have VIP for life. No ads. I bought the Pro years ago.

Sent from my XT1528
Old 01-10-2017, 05:43 PM   #26
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Already did that.

My paid version of the app is very old and consequently too old to be grandfathered in with a non-ad version. I detest the ads. I'd pay to remove them for a one time not too expensive fee, but I refuse to give them something monthly, or even annually for ad removal. I think it's a one time $14.99 fee for permanent removal. too high, IMO.
Quote:
I have VIP for life. No ads. I bought the Pro years ago.

Sent from my XT1528
I bought the pro years ago too, but when they first made it a free app you had to send them info in a certain time frame proving that you had purchased the app to become VIP. I didn't meet the timeframe because I didn't even know about it so I was out of luck.

Copyrite, check the play store - they have the pro version up to 6.2.5 last time I looked. Doesn't do me any good because they made the font size of the text in the thread too small for me.
Old 01-10-2017, 06:45 PM   #27
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

I never sent in any info. My account was automatically upgraded to VIP.

Sent from my Nexus 7
Old 01-10-2017, 07:03 PM   #28
copyrite
Wizard

Quote:
I bought the pro years ago too, but when they first made it a free app you had to send them info in a certain time frame proving that you had purchased the app to become VIP. I didn't meet the timeframe because I didn't even know about it so I was out of luck.

Copyrite, check the play store - they have the pro version up to 6.2.5 last time I looked. Doesn't do me any good because they made the font size of the text in the thread too small for me.
I have the most recent (free) version on my phone & tablet... 6.3.3. At least the wide margin issue isn't on my phone! I'll stick to using it more on the phone (for now).
Old 01-10-2017, 07:07 PM   #29
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I have the most recent (free) version on my phone & tablet... 6.3.3. At least the wide margin issue isn't on my phone! I'll stick to using it more on the phone (for now).
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that the margins are ok on my phone. I hope they're not doing something as stupid as deciding what your margins are based on screen size. I don't care what my screen size is, I want tiny margins.