Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 05-02-2013, 10:21 AM   #316
fraylocus
Groupie
fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Onyx Boox T68
From what I've seen, the new features of this firmware are basically the same as those published on the official website of the manufacturer and discussed in this thread: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=210828
With the addition of some bugs updating the PdfReader.

Good news for users of the M92 & PdfReader with scientific papers.

Bad news for users i62HD & i62GD Firefly, which key to use the reader its main function: Reading books in epub, fb2 and mobi and are still being marginalized in their aspirations expressed in this thread: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=202753

I understand the obsession to convert the M92 Booxtor in reference reader for PDF and appreciated scientific progress in this regard, but the rest of users, readers of literature only in the formats mentioned, and we are most, demand for months the solution to the CoolReader and FBReader bugs in the thread mentioned and once again we were not responding to our needs.

Also I welcome the progress with Acapela TTS, but please do not forget to update and fix the bugs of CoolReader and FBReader.

The graphical interface also needs a 'aggiornamento', particularly for models 6 ".

A greeting. -
fraylocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 12:59 PM   #317
Inemi
Connoisseur
Inemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toys

Device: Boox i62HD
uhm, "aggiornamento" means update... or restyle..
Inemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 01:52 PM   #318
yayo
Groupie
yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O 1st. gen. Libra 2
Hey, Coolreader doesn't support multitasking (yet), right? There's no blank space where the MT icon should be, so no option to switch tasks in my experience. And yes, there's the need for "parecchi aggiornamenti non solo cosmetici" for the I series
yayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 03:37 PM   #319
Dalirose
Dalirose began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx i62HD Firefly
Hi! I noticed a little strange thing after the new firmware installation: when I turn on the device and want to turn on the light in the Home Screen with the "back" button, if I press it only one time nothing happens (with the old firmware it was sufficient...). The light turns on with a second press.
No big problem...as I say, only a strange thing
Dalirose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 05:13 AM   #320
szlevi
Enthusiast
szlevi began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox i62 HD
Hello!
Please tell me if using a completely EMPTY micro SD card is essential for upgrading the firmware. Thank you!
szlevi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 09:12 AM   #321
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
No, you can live the files on the SD. The update file must be on the top (root) of the SD, that's all.
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 01:02 PM   #322
Inemi
Connoisseur
Inemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toys

.. left the files
cheers!
Old 05-04-2013, 01:47 PM   #323
yayo
Groupie
yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O 1st. gen. Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalirose View Post
Hi! I noticed a little strange thing after the new firmware installation: when I turn on the device and want to turn on the light in the Home Screen with the "back" button, if I press it only one time nothing happens (with the old firmware it was sufficient...). The light turns on with a second press.
No big problem...as I say, only a strange thing
To turn on light you need to keep the button pressed for2-3 seconds, no issues here and I have the latest Booxtor's firmware plus the multitasking (beta) utility installed.
yayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 12:58 PM   #324
szlevi
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy11 View Post
No, you can live the files on the SD. The update file must be on the top (root) of the SD, that's all.
Thanks!
Old 05-07-2013, 08:58 AM   #325
leplatdujour
Village idiot
leplatdujour began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3 + Onyx Boox i62HD Firefly
Downloaded the zip file from the link on the first page, but it asks me for a password?
leplatdujour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:28 AM   #326
Ayla7
Connoisseur
Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.

Device: Onyx Boox i62HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by leplatdujour View Post
Downloaded the zip file from the link on the first page, but it asks me for a password?
You don't have to unzip it. Follow the instructions in the page [1]

http://ereader-store.de/en/content/8-downloads
Ayla7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:40 AM   #327
leplatdujour
Village idiot
leplatdujour began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3 + Onyx Boox i62HD Firefly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayla7 View Post
You don't have to unzip it. Follow the instructions in the page [1]

http://ereader-store.de/en/content/8-downloads
Only one answer possible:

Thanks!
leplatdujour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 03:19 PM   #328
szlevi
Enthusiast

Hi!
Could you just have a look at a new thread generated by me?
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...60#post2512060
Thank you!
Old 05-13-2013, 11:05 AM   #329
adbosch
Addict
adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma; Pocketbook Color 633
When is the long ago announced decent, modernized and updated graphical user interface for the firefly finally due, Booxtor?
adbosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 04:05 PM   #330
Inemi
Connoisseur

Dear Booxtor, I was thinking I would like a menu button that disables the infrared.
When I simply read novels, I don't need to touch the screen; moreover it's frustrating always be careful to not touch the screen with anything.
So I think that a simple button inside the reader to disable the infrared would be nice. And to reactivate, just click home button.
cheers