Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-03-2012, 04:23 PM   #76
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
So, version 1.1 is out. Now assignments to the "condensed" font are actually honored. I also played around with the buttons on the details page, I hope they all keep showing now (still, no guarantee. If you set some huge font as the sans serif one, then the "condensed" button may still be moved to the next line).

I came to the conclusion that the "blank text" issue simply cannot be fixed.
Helvetica seems to be a font where this is notoriously happening. Bad luck
A reboot does seem to help (sometimes).

Anyway, downloads are available in the updated first post of this thread.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 04:29 PM   #77
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@diba: Fertigo Pro is contained in the zip in the very first post.

@jglerner: If you only have the font hack installed, the update should be no issue at all. For other mods, YMMV. Just try it.
Old 03-03-2012, 09:41 PM   #78
kevinpars
Connoisseur
kevinpars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinpars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinpars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinpars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinpars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinpars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinpars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinpars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinpars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinpars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinpars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Thanks for your hack! Actually it is really an applet and a pretty elegant solution. I won't list the silly things I did wrong before getting it to work, but I can second the fact the font names are case sensitive. I had dejaVu spelled correctly but had 'italic' instead of 'Italic'.

Appreciate the hard work and once I locate the 'Karma' button I will press it multiple times!

Also, for those who want to change the font sizes, it is not an option but the thread linked early to a post by hibernation discusses a program that can be used to increase the size of an individual font. I did not go down this road and don't know what the cost is or how easy it was to complete, but that is an option. https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=163

EDIT - Do yourself a favor and don't try the modified fonts available for download on this page. Neither worked and both resulted in the blank screen problem referenced in this thread.

Last edited by kevinpars; 03-03-2012 at 10:12 PM.
kevinpars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 10:06 PM   #79
jglerner
Connoisseur
jglerner doesn't litterjglerner doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3g (US), KT & PaperWhite, Nook ST
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
@jglerner: If you only have the font hack installed, the update should be no issue at all. For other mods, YMMV. Just try it.
@ixtab

Just for the sake of playing trial and error, I first updated firmware, uninstalled your font hack v 1.0, then reinstalled font hack v 1.1 and no flaws at all.

5.0.4 and counting!

jglerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 03:38 AM   #80
SMR
SMR began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Ähmm, sorry,

how can I install the translation-de_DE ?
SMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 05:58 AM   #81
diba
Addict
diba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolate

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4, Kindle PW, Nexus7 3G
just copy it in the folder of the hack
diba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 09:31 AM   #82
aditya3098
Guru
aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Here are some Ubuntu fonts I got from http://font.ubuntu.com. I formatted them for the fonthack.
Attached Files
File Type: gz ubuntu-font-kindle-touch.tar.gz (686.6 KB, 340 views)
aditya3098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 10:00 AM   #83
ixtab
(offline)

Ummm... these fonts are also available on the "official" URL
Old 03-04-2012, 10:02 AM   #84
jglerner
Connoisseur
jglerner doesn't litterjglerner doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3g (US), KT & PaperWhite, Nook ST
And, I remembered from an old Linux ttf font, ttf-bitstream-Vera has the whole family, how can I adapt it to use on fonthack folder?
At a time these where the grade A fonts to use in linux...

http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sourc...-vera-1.10.zip
jglerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 10:10 AM   #85
aditya3098
Guru
aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Ummm... these fonts are also available on the "official" URL
I just formatted it for the kindle (rename it to Ubuntu Regular.ttf, etc)
aditya3098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 10:11 AM   #86
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
I'd recommend DeJaVu over bitstream Vera, they're basically the same, but maintained/with wider unicode coverage .

Last edited by NiLuJe; 03-04-2012 at 12:15 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 10:34 AM   #87
ixtab
(offline)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya3098 View Post
I just formatted it for the kindle (rename it to Ubuntu Regular.ttf, etc)
I think we're misunderstanding each other. Take a look at http://ge.tt/3ZRY9XE (which I meant by "official", because it (sort of) is the homepage of this hack): I have already bundled "Ubuntu" and "Ubuntu Mono" for the font hack in file "UbuntuFonts.zip". So essentially, it was duplicated work
Old 03-04-2012, 02:03 PM   #88
looser
looser began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle Touch SO
@ixtab
Sorry for my english. I make translation at Russian but fonthack show abrakadabra . My file is UTF-8 encoding.
If i make ANSSI encoding fonthack in english. Что я делаю не так.
looser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 02:15 PM   #89
ixtab
(offline)

Quote:
Originally Posted by looser View Post
@ixtab
Sorry for my english. I make translation at Russian but fonthack show abrakadabra . My file is UTF-8 encoding.
If i make ANSSI encoding fonthack in english. Что я делаю не так.
Hmmm... Я не знаю.

First of all, does this always happen, or only after you copy translation_ru-RU.properties to the fonthack directory?

Second... if you have a translation_ru-RU.properties, just post or attach it here. It will be very useful for investigation.
Old 03-04-2012, 02:27 PM   #90
looser
looser began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle Touch SO
Quote:
Hmmm... Я не знаю.

First of all, does this always happen, or only after you copy translation_ru-RU.properties to the fonthack directory?

Second... if you have a translation_ru-RU.properties, just post or attach it here. It will be very useful for investigation.
1. This happens after copy at fonthack dir and launch kindlet
I'm very glad to your answer. Here is my file, please look at it.
Attached Files
File Type: zip translation-ru_RU.zip (2.0 KB, 330 views)
looser is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle touch hacks