Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Everything Audiobooks > Audiobook Discussions

Notices

Old 03-13-2021, 06:38 PM   #1
hmfriendly
hmfriendly began at the beginning.

Device: none
Question Do you think I have an audiobook voice?

Hello, I've always wanted to narrate audiobooks but I don't know if I have the voice for it. So I thought I'd ask audiobook enthusiasts. I recorded and attached a short clip of Ender's Game, which is what I want to start with to practice. I am wondering if my voice is something comfortably listenable, or would you just turn it off right away?

One thing I'm worried about is I'm not great at doing voices or actual voice acting. Some of the dialogue at the end has a couple of other voices, and I'm afraid it's pretty cringy. I don't know if this would be a dealbreaker even if I can narrate okay.

Anyway, I'd really appreciate it if you could listen to the sample and tell me if you think this is something I could have potential at or if I should just give up on the idea. Also, definitely tell me why you did or did not like it, like what could I improve on? What's good? Thanks!

H.M. Friendly

*Note*
It wouldn't let me attach an mp3 so I changed the file extension to AVI. Your video player should still open and play it just fine though but if it doesn't just change the file back to mp3
Attached Files
File Type: avi Endersgame clip.avi (6.45 MB, 389 views)
hmfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 10:38 PM   #2
hobnail
Running with scissors
hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sounds good to me.
hobnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-13-2021, 11:52 PM   #3
hmfriendly
hmfriendly began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobnail View Post
Sounds good to me.
Thanks! Is there anything that could be improved? Speed, inflection, elocution, etc

Someone on Reddit said that the alternate voices aren't distinct enough particularly the female voices and that was a dealbreaker, but I don't know how to do female voices without going into an irritating falsetto lol.
hmfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote