Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-29-2017, 04:22 AM   #1
jorn188
jorn188 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Kobo GLO stuck in reboot loop

Hi all,

My Kobo GLO N613 seems to be stuck in a reboot restoring loop. Every time I start the reader it says its "recovering" and ends up on the "connect Kobo to pc" screen. My problem is simulair to this one: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=265510

What I tried so far.

-Switch image

Although it didnt work with the Kobo Glo image which I recieved from Davidfor(Thanks so much!), the reboot screen appeared to be different compared to my original image. Could that be the reason the image didnt work?

-Factory reset

I really hope its software related. Anyone have some ideas? Im kinda a rookie when it comes to ereaders :/. Thanks!
jorn188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 07:36 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Did you restore the image to the existing SD card? If not, try a new card. A repeating boot problem like this could be the sign of a failing card. Other than that, if you restored the image correctly, I don't know of a reason for this to happen.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-29-2017, 12:11 PM   #3
jorn188

Thanks for the response. I just tried rebooting with a different sd card. Didnt work :/. The LED's on the kobo GLO only start flashing when I connect it to a power source. I can no longer start the reboot sequence by moving the switch or pressing the reset button. Could it maybe have something to do with the battery?
Old 07-30-2017, 01:18 AM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
If the switch was working before, you should check you put it back together properly. I think each time I have done this, I messed up the switch. Or the battery became disconnected, or has died completely. The latter seems unlikely if it was starting using the battery in the last few days.

Other than that, check the card was inserted correctly and the cable to the screen is plugged in properly. I'm not sure what else to suggest.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 06:15 AM   #5
jorn188

The switch seems to be working if I connect the reader to a plug in the wall or my PC. Without a connection to a power source it doesn't seem to work. It actually started happening after I did a factory reset when the screen of the Kobo started flicking (backlight turning on and off). Could it be the screen?
Advert