Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 06-18-2015, 01:21 PM   #31
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
I wonder if someone might make some alternative "resources.arsc" files with some different Icons?

Never mind, I found where the .png files are. I changed one, but I guess I'll have to change all the sizes listed. Now to try the modified .apk on my tablet. Won't install on my tablet. That would have been too easy, I guess. The changes looked good in WinRAR, I rebuilt the apk as zip, but I guess it still didn't match the original enough. It looks like I have to make a new cert and sign the apk before it will install.
I guess I'll give EasyApkDisassembler a try.

Luck;
Ken

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 06-19-2015 at 08:30 PM.
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 03:39 PM   #32
Lucien Didier
Lucien Didier began at the beginning.

Device: Energy eReader Pro +
The current KOreader stable and nightly didn't work properly on my eReader Pro+ by energy Sistem. When installing the APK I got a message that it didn't parse properly. Is there any chance of getting it installed properly? The PDF reflow function looked quite promising.
Lucien Didier is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-07-2015, 05:15 PM   #33
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucien Didier View Post
The current KOreader stable and nightly didn't work properly on my eReader Pro+ by energy Sistem. When installing the APK I got a message that it didn't parse properly. Is there any chance of getting it installed properly? The PDF reflow function looked quite promising.
You could raise an issue at GitHub.

An issue for the T62.

The original issue for this.

It may only require a small adjustment to get it working, the team at Github would likely be glad to try and find where the problem is, because a fix for the one device might also fix a number of other devices.

It is of no help for me to point out that Koreader has worked fine on my Android tablet almost from the first Android release, I know that some of the many Android devices still have problems running the Koreader app.

Luck;
Ken
Old 07-19-2015, 08:05 PM   #34
Ken Maltby
Wizard

EasyApkDisassembler worked fine. I changed the icon.png files in res with the egocentric one I use here. It was handy and easy to scale to all the sizes.

I (first shortened the name) then disassembled a copy of the .apk download file, and used Gimp2 to scale the "me" .png (renamed to icon.png) to the size of the largest icon.png and exported it to replace the existing icon.png. I did the same for all the icon.png files, going from large to small. Once they were all changed in the disassembled apk, I opened the downloaded .apk (with the shorter name) with WinRAR and replaced the icon.png files with the appropriate ones from the disassembled apk. Then I just used option 4 of the disassembler to sign the .apk. It installed fine on my TF-101 tablet and uses the icons I replaced.

Luck;
Ken
Old 08-03-2015, 07:38 AM   #35
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
I had a little time, and so I tried older versions on my T62+. I tried a nightly from April 2014 and it seems to work fine! The version number is v2014.04-309-g854b941. So, anyone with a T62 or T62+ might want to give it a whirl and see if it works for you.
downeaster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-08-2015, 02:29 PM   #36
Ken Maltby
Wizard

I added the link to that nightly, on the first post of this thread. It is a pretty old nightly and I hope the developers at Github get a chance to have the current version work as well as this one is reported to on the T62 and the C57ML.

Luck;
Ken
Old 09-10-2015, 02:41 AM   #37
bookreader1
Enthusiast
bookreader1 can extract oil from cheesebookreader1 can extract oil from cheesebookreader1 can extract oil from cheesebookreader1 can extract oil from cheesebookreader1 can extract oil from cheesebookreader1 can extract oil from cheesebookreader1 can extract oil from cheesebookreader1 can extract oil from cheese

Device: kindle
Hi, I am new to this app. Downloaded the latest nightly on a nexus 7 2013. How can I get any prefs to stick? They keep reseting to defaults on quit. I tried createing a '.Book" folder but still no... thanks
bookreader1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 09:41 AM   #38
Ken Maltby
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookreader1 View Post
Hi, I am new to this app. Downloaded the latest nightly on a nexus 7 2013. How can I get any prefs to stick? They keep reseting to defaults on quit. I tried createing a '.Book" folder but still no... thanks
For many of the menu settings, a long-press should get you a message box with the option to set that selection as the default.

The "Advanced Settings" menu presents you with many options that you can set/change by poking the all uppercase name of the option. This should give you a message box and keyboard to make the setting(s).

After making changes, upon leaving Koreader (Pressing the Home Icon) you should get a message box with: "You have unsaved default settings. Save them now?" Press "OK" and hopefully you will see a new message box with: "Default settings were saved successfully!"

Luck;
Ken
Old 09-11-2015, 12:10 PM   #39
bookreader1
Enthusiast
bookreader1 can extract oil from cheesebookreader1 can extract oil from cheesebookreader1 can extract oil from cheesebookreader1 can extract oil from cheesebookreader1 can extract oil from cheesebookreader1 can extract oil from cheesebookreader1 can extract oil from cheesebookreader1 can extract oil from cheese

thank you. i managed to get 2 parameters to stick now, but not sure how i did it.

I had been trying to save:
- OPDS Catalog > Local calibre catalog's IP address
- Gear icon > Screen > Screen DPI

neither of those responded to a long pressing. However I pressed the Home quit icon, and although there was no "You have unsaved default settings" message, i am guessing that is what enabled them to stick.

Long pressing the "../" in the file manager brought up a "Set as HOME directory", however despite that and despite pressing the exit Home icon, books downloaded from calibre still get saved to the root level and not my chosen directory

Finally, is there a way for the File Manager to default to a certain subdirectory on launch?
Old 09-11-2015, 02:17 PM   #40
Ken Maltby
Wizard

1. The Local calibre catalog is the one that you can edit, by a long press. The other supplied ones were also at one time, IIRC. Any change won't take effect until Koreader is restarted. Long press the Custom DPI and you should be able to set anything in the greyed out number range. A restart is needed here as well.

Setting the "Home directory" sets where the File Manager should open, on the start of Koreader. The ../ is to the level before the one you found it on.

Calibre has to be told where to put the books it sends to your device, or it will use defaults. If you are using the Calibre Server and Koreader's Local calibre catalog OPDS option, then you are offered a chance to set the download directory, when you download a file/book. To set the download directory you just long press on it and confirm the selection.

Luck;
Ken
Old 09-17-2015, 11:24 AM   #41
Ken Maltby
Wizard

New release with a Statistics plugin, OPDS Basic Authentication, and some other improvements.

Luck;
Ken

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 09-17-2015 at 01:27 PM.
Old 09-20-2015, 03:54 PM   #42
bookreader1
Enthusiast

ok, thanks for your help
Old 09-24-2015, 06:53 AM   #43
gummihuhn
Enthusiast
gummihuhn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gummihuhn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gummihuhn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gummihuhn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gummihuhn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gummihuhn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gummihuhn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gummihuhn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gummihuhn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gummihuhn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gummihuhn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: none
Has anyone successfully added dictionaries to KOreader on Android?

The only path in Android I can find that resembles the koreader/data/dict directory path for Kobo is /data/data/org.koreader.launcher/files/data/dict. But after I place Stardict format dictionary files there they aren't recognized by the KOreader for Android app.

Is there another path I should be using or is this feature not yet supported on Android?

EDIT: Sorry, I see now that this has been covered elsewhere:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...3&postcount=30

Last edited by gummihuhn; 09-24-2015 at 06:55 AM.
gummihuhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 07:21 AM   #44
gummihuhn
Enthusiast
gummihuhn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gummihuhn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gummihuhn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gummihuhn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gummihuhn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gummihuhn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gummihuhn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gummihuhn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gummihuhn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gummihuhn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gummihuhn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by gummihuhn View Post
Has anyone successfully added dictionaries to KOreader on Android?

The only path in Android I can find that resembles the koreader/data/dict directory path for Kobo is /data/data/org.koreader.launcher/files/data/dict. But after I place Stardict format dictionary files there they aren't recognized by the KOreader for Android app.

Is there another path I should be using or is this feature not yet supported on Android?

EDIT: Sorry, I see now that this has been covered elsewhere:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...3&postcount=30
I am still unable to get dictionaries to work on my Nexus 7 running CynaogenMod 12.1, even following Ken's instructions. I tried a couple of variations of the indicated path as well, but no luck.
gummihuhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 09:19 AM   #45
Ken Maltby
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by gummihuhn View Post
I am still unable to get dictionaries to work on my Nexus 7 running CynaogenMod 12.1, even following Ken's instructions. I tried a couple of variations of the indicated path as well, but no luck.
It looks like the most recent releases moved the "data" and "fonts" folders, along with the "defaults.persistent.lua" and "settings.reader.lua" files, to the internal storage (user area) inside a "koreader" folder. My old "sdcard" folder is still there as well but it is empty.

The "dict" folder is inside the "data" folder.

I will edit the other post.

Luck;
Ken