Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 05-30-2016, 10:23 PM   #1
highstream
Enthusiast
highstream began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
PDF conversion keeping pdf page

PDFs are always a tricky conversion at best. In this case, I have a pdf file, perhaps based on a photocopy, I'm not sure, that I've tried converting to mobi and epub formats. In each case, the converted file shows the pdf page, then the converted page, one after another. It's also double spacing the converted pages. Any settings that deals with either of those? Thanks,
highstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 04:56 AM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
See sticky (at the top of the Conversion subforum) ==>> Read this before Posting PDF Questions

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-31-2016, 10:13 AM   #3
highstream
Enthusiast
highstream began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I did check that first and didn't see anything that directly applied. Did I miss something?
highstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 11:46 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by highstream View Post
I did check that first and didn't see anything that directly applied. Did I miss something?
Sortta
PDF is problematic. There are NOT (easy) solutions for all problems.

Sometime, you can put Humpty Dumpty back together using the editor by moving stuff around and/or adjusting the CSS

Some times... you quit and flush the
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote