Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 01-13-2018, 12:28 AM   #376
LosrDeluxEdition
LosrDeluxEdition began at the beginning.

Device: KOA2
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalbertAmu View Post
I found a way to work past this error.

1. After you click on convert, open the options for Table of Contents

2. Increase the Chapter threshold from 6 to 19.

3. If it still shows the same error, tick the box on " Do not add detected chapters "

Some other problems may be fixed in the " Look and feel > Layout ". Tick " Linearize tables"
THANKS for the suggestions, tried all the steps none worked for me.
The book in question is Ulysses(Penguin, with an introduction by Declan Kiberd) if anybody has it he/she can try and post if they were successful in converting it.

Also, for the love of God, I cannot get the cover of Shoe Dog by Phil Knight to appear, only the generic thumbnail pops up every time, if someone has access to its epub version maybe give it a go if they can get the cover to appear on KFX version.

Edit: Somtime back @HowlerX suggested to delete thumbnails in internal memory of my Kindle. Tried that also, did not work.

Edit2: Got the covers, not perfect nonetheless a huge improvement.

Last edited by LosrDeluxEdition; 01-13-2018 at 09:34 AM.
LosrDeluxEdition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 09:24 AM   #377
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1ph View Post
I converted from an .azw3 file. The .kfx output works perfectly in Kindle Previewer but when I load it to my Kindle Paperwhite 3, most images don't show up.
It might be a problem with those specific images or it might be that all together the images result in a file that is too large to be read properly. You could try breaking up the book with the calibre editor to see if those images display properly when part of a smaller file.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-13-2018, 08:24 PM   #378
HowlerX
Enthusiast
HowlerX began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by LosrDeluxEdition View Post

Edit: Somtime back @HowlerX suggested to delete thumbnails in internal memory of my Kindle. Tried that also, did not work.

Edit2: Got the covers, not perfect nonetheless a huge improvement.
Forgot to mention that once you delete the thumbnail of the book you should also remove the book from the Kindle and re-upload the book to the Kindle. Not necessarily in one step. Do one, unplug; then do the other. My best guess is that whatever file is pointing to the thumbnail in the GUI is corrupted/malformed and deleting the thumbnail and book and re-uploading forces that "pointer" file to refresh properly.
HowlerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 11:54 AM   #379
zamana
Zealot
zamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfolded

Device: Kindles: Touch, PW1, Voyage
Hi!

Quote:
You can verify that the ASIN is set correctly by selecting the book in calibre and looking at the book details panel (usually on the far right). There should be an "Amazon.com" entry in the "Ids:" section. Click on "Amazon.com" there and your browser will open to the associated web page. Verify that the browser shows the expected book and that it is a Kindle edition, not a print edition. Use "Edit Metadata" to fix the ASIN if not.
This really works, but only for Amazon.COM. If the translated version of the book is only available in amazon.com.<A COUNTRY>, you need to manually insert <A COUNTRY> in the URL.

Is there a way to automate this?

Thanks.
Regards.
zamana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 12:29 PM   #380
CalbertAmu
Connoisseur
CalbertAmu began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Spoiler:
I found a way to work past this error.

ERROR: Tables with number of columns more than 8 and rows lesser than 65 are currently not supported.

1. After you click on convert, open the options for Table of Contents

2. Increase the Chapter threshold from 6 to 19.

3. If it still shows the same error, tick the box on " Do not add detected chapters "

Some other problems may be fixed in the " Look and feel > Layout ". Tick " Linearize tables"

One other error mentions Table of Contents not being within scope or something like that. For that you can tick " Force auto-generated TOC "
CalbertAmu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-14-2018, 04:48 PM   #381
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamana View Post
This really works, but only for Amazon.COM. If the translated version of the book is only available in amazon.com.<A COUNTRY>, you need to manually insert <A COUNTRY> in the URL.

Is there a way to automate this?
Calibre supports ASINs for country-specific Amazon stores by appending the country code to the identifier name when creating the "amazon" identifier. For example:

amazon:B0064CPN7I --> https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0064CPN7I
amazon_uk:B00BAJ6GL2 --> https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00BAJ6GL2
amazon_de:B016PFA0YO --> https://www.amazon.de/dp/B016PFA0YO
Old 01-24-2018, 04:34 PM   #382
HowlerX
Enthusiast

Something must have changed. Cannot use the command line interface to invoke conversion anymore.

Code:
calibre-debug.exe: error: no such option: -a
Old 01-24-2018, 06:53 PM   #383
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowlerX View Post
Something must have changed. Cannot use the command line interface to invoke conversion anymore.
Make sure that you use a double dash before arguments that apply to the plugin:

Code:
calibre-debug -r "KFX Output" -- -a B123456789 lorem.epub
Old 01-25-2018, 06:06 AM   #384
ldmobi
Enthusiast
ldmobi began at the beginning.

Device: none
conversion error due to table

I get this response with one book:

Quote:
calibre, version 3.15.0
ERROR: KFX conversion failed: Cannot convert Dire quasi la stessa cosa
Conversion error: Kindle Previewer
error: Error(YJConvValidator):E120044: Table with more than 20000 characters are currently not supported.
I tried to create a new Table of content using Edit Book, with no success.
Converting with the option to linearise tables works.

Apart from the "table" of contents (toc), I cannot find any table in the book, so I wonder what table is it referring to? is it a formatting thing, invisible when reading the book?
ldmobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 08:23 AM   #385
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldmobi View Post
Apart from the "table" of contents (toc), I cannot find any table in the book, so I wonder what table is it referring to? is it a formatting thing, invisible when reading the book?
"Table" refers to a <table> element within the HTML content of the book. As you suggest, it might not be visible as a traditional table, but used as a method for arranging content.
Old 01-25-2018, 02:56 PM   #386
HowlerX
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldmobi View Post
I get this response with one book:

I tried to create a new Table of content using Edit Book, with no success.
Converting with the option to linearise tables works.

Sometimes the "display" element can be used to display an element/text as a table. Look for:
Code:
display: table
display: table-caption
display: table-column-group
display: table-header-group
display: table-footer-group
display: table-row-group
display: table-cell
display: table-column
display: table-row
in the CSS. Any of those won't work with Kindle Previewer.
Old 01-29-2018, 07:44 PM   #387
arooni
Addict
arooni began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4 (2018)
Any reason why when i convert a EPUB to a KFX document (using latest calibre + output plugin) that I lose my book's cover (PW2)?

I even did the polish book first before transferring.
arooni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 09:16 PM   #388
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by arooni View Post
Any reason why when i convert a EPUB to a KFX document (using latest calibre + output plugin) that I lose my book's cover (PW2)?

I even did the polish book first before transferring.
I assume that you are referring to the cover thumbnail shown in the library grid display rather than the cover shown as the first page of the book. If so then see the “Showing Cover Thumbnail Images on E-Ink Kindle Devices” section in the first post of this thread for solutions.
Old 01-30-2018, 06:15 AM   #389
nystagmus
Connoisseur
nystagmus can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'nystagmus can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'nystagmus can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'nystagmus can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'nystagmus can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'nystagmus can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'nystagmus can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'nystagmus can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'nystagmus can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'nystagmus can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'nystagmus can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Boox Max Lumi 2, Kobo Forma, Topjoy Butterfly E601
Hallo,

i was able to successfully convert an epub to kfx using the options above (Force TOC and linearize tables). The only thing did not convert correctly were tables (see attached images). The correct one is on Kobo Aura One using Kobo epub, the other one is KFX on Oasis 2. The AZW3 conversion is flawless regarding the tables. Increasing chapter limit did not make an effect on tables.

Are there any option to improve the conversion of tables for KFX?

thank you for your work
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Auraone.jpg
Views:	340
Size:	1.38 MB
ID:	161955   Click image for larger version

Name:	oasis.jpg
Views:	377
Size:	1.39 MB
ID:	161956  
nystagmus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 08:34 AM   #390
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nystagmus View Post
Are there any option to improve the conversion of tables for KFX?
Support for HTML tables is limited in KFX format. I do not know of a work-around, other than using KF8 (azw3) instead.

Tags
kfx, linux, wine