Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-07-2013, 03:57 PM   #106
m00min
Connoisseur
m00min ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.m00min ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.m00min ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.m00min ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.m00min ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.m00min ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.m00min ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.m00min ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.m00min ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.m00min ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.m00min ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad / NST / Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatNY View Post
I do not have a tech background. Making these changes to devices is easy IF you have average reading skills, a decent amount of patience, and access to a source such as XDA which spells out how to do things step by step. That's what makes tweaking Android relatively easy. Also, you shouldn't try to be one of the first or take on the riskier or newer things, which is common sense if you don't have a tech background. Usually at XDA it's clear what is very experimental and what is more tried and true.

--Pat
Yeah, I get used to being polite when people ask me about jailbreaking, telling them that it's technical is slightly less rude than telling them I don't think they have the staying power to read all the separate posts and info on the subject.

As for not being the first to run / install bleeding edge stuff I couldn't agree more. I make it a rule not to install version one of anything.
m00min is offline   Reply With Quote