Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-08-2011, 10:33 AM   #1
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
PRS-T1 cover and case thread

There does not seem to be a thread that discusses case/cover options for the T1 as yet, so I hope this might be a start in the right direction.

There does not seem many cases or covers available so far, excepting the ones from Sony and Gecko.

I was hoping M-edge might bring out their canvas zipper covered ones. I have one for my old PRS-300 and it is perfect for travel use.

Anyone seen or know of any more?

Here is a list of available covers and links

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...1&postcount=47

Last edited by sabredog; 11-15-2011 at 09:56 AM.
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 12:44 PM   #2
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
I use the envelope style ones I got at Borders made by Ex-Point. You can't read with it but it's great for carrying around. I like that it's a hard leather case and not just some flimsy cover. It's perfect for the stylus too. I put the stylus horizontally in the space above the reader and can even clip it to the case. The envelope flap closes and it doesn't fall out.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-08-2011, 02:14 PM   #3
beespeckled
Zealot
beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!

Device: KOBO Aura One; Kindle Oasis 3
My daughter is going to create a cover with the help of McCall's pattern m6091 (pattern on sale for .99 us) will post results when finished

Last edited by beespeckled; 10-08-2011 at 02:16 PM. Reason: rephrasing
beespeckled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 01:09 PM   #4
Firedb
Enthusiast
Firedb began at the beginning.

Device: Galaxy Note 8 rooted
I'm using a cheap kindle case for the time being. I cut off the horizontal 'strap' that would have been just above the keyboard. Its not pretty but it will do for the moment
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00282.JPG
Views:	1670
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	77679  
Firedb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 01:18 PM   #5
lightforx
Enthusiast
lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
I'm using Amazon's Kindle 4/Touch zipper sleeve. I like holding the T1 without a cover when reading. It is a snug fit. No specific place for stylus but there is room if you want to chuck it in by the side.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PA080249.jpg
Views:	999
Size:	673.5 KB
ID:	77680  

Last edited by lightforx; 10-20-2011 at 10:34 PM.
lightforx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-12-2011, 05:03 PM   #6
Daniozi
Daniozi began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
So far the only one I've seen that isn't by Sony is from GeckoCovers.
http://www.geckocovers.com/sony-c-6.html

Only available in Europe though, as far as I can tell. Might get this as a temporary solution until nicer covers are released.
Daniozi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 01:07 AM   #7
pssquirrel
ebooknut
pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & Oasis
I got a great sleeve from Berties Closet on Etsy.com, a marketplace for handcrafted goods. In fact, there are a whole bunch of handcrafters on Etsy who make ereader sleeves and covers (better for sleeves than covers, though). Just do a search for "ereader sleeve" or "ereader case."

The nice thing about Etsy is that since everything is handmade, you can request custom sizing and features. The sleeve I got was posted as a Kindle sleeve, so I asked the seller to adjust the sizing to fit my 350. It fits perfectly, is padded with foam, and is extremely well-made.

Sellers are from all over the world and many will ship internationally.

Last edited by pssquirrel; 01-14-2012 at 11:54 AM. Reason: rephrase, added link
pssquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 07:20 AM   #8
feenix1363
Lost and clueless
feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Glo, Kindle for Andriod, Kobo for Android
Just ordered a cover from Navitech. Just to keep it safe until the Tuff-luv one is realeased.
feenix1363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 02:28 PM   #9
Kai Winters
Lover of Books
Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+
I'm using the sleeve for the 300. It is not a perfect fit but it works until I find something better/that I like more. I like holding the reader without a cover attached.

I suspect a book type cover is going to be somewhat difficult and perhaps bulky due to the edge shape of the T1.
Kai Winters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 02:38 PM   #10
Insalata
Zealot
Insalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it is

Device: Kobo Sage, iPad
I cobbled one together this afternoon from some scraps of fake leather (black outside, red lining), a magnetic handbag clasp and a bit of plastic cut from an old document folder to stiffen the front and give the screen a bit more protection.

I made it just to wrap, because I prefer not to have a cover on it while I'm reading.
Insalata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 03:43 PM   #11
Kolenka
<Insert Wit Here>
Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniozi View Post
So far the only one I've seen that isn't by Sony is from GeckoCovers.
http://www.geckocovers.com/sony-c-6.html

Only available in Europe though, as far as I can tell. Might get this as a temporary solution until nicer covers are released.
They don't charge extra for international shipping to the US unless you want it sent registered mail as well. I've got one on order since I like the idea of a magnetic clasp and the general design. It feels a bit like what the Sony cover should have been for the T1, but wasn't. I still prefer the way the older models snap into the older Sony covers, but it seems like those days are gone.
Kolenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 12:57 PM   #12
moza
moza began at the beginning.

Device: nook 2e
Quote:
Originally Posted by beespeckled View Post
My daughter is going to create a cover with the help of McCall's pattern m6091 (pattern on sale for .99 us) will post results when finished
Just ordered the pattern with the same idea, and wondered how you got on? Loving the T1 so far!

Last edited by moza; 10-17-2011 at 01:02 PM.
moza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 05:45 AM   #13
Insalata
Zealot
Insalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it is

Device: Kobo Sage, iPad
Here's mine:

Insalata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 09:45 AM   #14
rashkae
Wizard
rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
The cover for the T1 has a really neat feature/design that was not available for the 650. (I use the one with no light. I don't know if the illuminated cover works the same.). The front flap folds very neatly and flush to the back, so you don't have to hold the bloody thing open while reading. When done, it restores it's oritinal fold and stays neatly closed by itself.
rashkae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 02:40 PM   #15
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolenka View Post
They don't charge extra for international shipping to the US unless you want it sent registered mail as well. I've got one on order since I like the idea of a magnetic clasp and the general design. It feels a bit like what the Sony cover should have been for the T1, but wasn't. I still prefer the way the older models snap into the older Sony covers, but it seems like those days are gone.
It's physics - a hinge creates a stress point that a metal body can stand up to, but a plastic body can't.

I find the official cover very utilitarian - it works very well, is lightweight and doesn't get in the way when reading.

I'm working on some homemade covers but I may go back to the official one because it works so well, even if it is ugly.
khalleron is offline   Reply With Quote