Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 07-09-2018, 07:57 AM   #16
SnowMuffler
Enthusiast
SnowMuffler began at the beginning.

Device: None
Seriously? Still no lock screen pin option?
SnowMuffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 10:28 AM   #17
orcinus
Gadgeteer
orcinus will become famous soon enoughorcinus will become famous soon enoughorcinus will become famous soon enoughorcinus will become famous soon enoughorcinus will become famous soon enoughorcinus will become famous soon enough

Device: iRex iLiad, Sony PRS-500, Nokia 770, BB 7200, Samsung i600, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowMuffler View Post
Seriously? Still no lock screen pin option?
That's not part of the standard firmware.
It's coming in the extended international fw announced by Booxtor announced.
orcinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 11:55 AM   #18
Sitka
Sitka juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSitka juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSitka juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSitka juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSitka juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSitka juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSitka juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSitka juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSitka juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSitka juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseSitka juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: Boox Max 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by charliebub View Post
Hi, yes it's easy - just create a .png file for your background and place it there
Thanks, charliebub!
Sitka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 10:55 AM   #19
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
Will there be a download at E-Reader Store, too?
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 11:13 AM   #20
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Does the OTG function is always available with the 1.9.0 version ?
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 04:45 PM   #21
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy11 View Post
Does the OTG function is always available with the 1.9.0 version ?
As far as I know, OTG has never worked with any version of the firmware for the Note as the Note does not provide power to the connected device/thumb drive. Firmware 1.9.0 certainly doesn't on my Note.

That said, some people have been able to get OTG working on their Note/Max2 by using a cable which provides power directly to the thumb drive or whatever device you are attempting to hook up to the Note/Max2. Haven't tried it yet myself. However, there is some information on it in one of the various threads.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 04:00 AM   #22
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Question Mark View Post
That said, some people have been able to get OTG working on their Note/Max2 by using a cable which provides power directly to the thumb drive or whatever device you are attempting to hook up to the Note/Max2. Haven't tried it yet myself. However, there is some information on it in one of the various threads.
I have the cable + USB powered hub and use the OTG mode with my Max2. I would to know if it's always a usable solution with the new firmware.
Old 07-15-2018, 05:26 AM   #23
hkckoo
Connoisseur
hkckoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hkckoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hkckoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hkckoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hkckoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hkckoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hkckoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hkckoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hkckoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hkckoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hkckoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Aura One
done the fw upgrade on boox note (downloaded via android) and it restarted and the upgrade was successful. once the device powered off I can no longer turn it on. the battery is charged. when I plug it via cable, the LED diode on poer button is flashing between blue and red colors. the display stays off. anyone else has this problem? dont know what is going on..

//anyone have the user manual handy? I have trouble finding it online and I have trouble accessing the one stored in my note.

//checked the screen 5min later and it powered on.. I guess 30% battery is not enough for the device to turn on, huh..

Last edited by hkckoo; 07-15-2018 at 05:34 AM.
hkckoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 07:18 AM   #24
DenisR
Connoisseur
DenisR is the king of the Divan.DenisR is the king of the Divan.DenisR is the king of the Divan.DenisR is the king of the Divan.DenisR is the king of the Divan.DenisR is the king of the Divan.DenisR is the king of the Divan.DenisR is the king of the Divan.DenisR is the king of the Divan.DenisR is the king of the Divan.DenisR is the king of the Divan.

Device: Onyx Boox Max2
Manual & Changelog can be found in this thread, first page ...
DenisR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 02:50 AM   #25
parkher
Evangelist
parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BL Alita/Mimas/Ares, OB Note2/Note, KA One/H2O/HD, S PRS T2/T1, PB 902
I tried it on Note, waited for a minute perhaps, and finally got "package verify failed" or something like that. Are you sure it is for Note as well?
Downloaded it again - identical.
I was using the link given here, downoloaded from drive, google, drive!
parkher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 03:15 AM   #26
Randy11
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkher View Post
I tried it on Note, waited for a minute perhaps, and finally got "package verify failed" or something like that. Are you sure it is for Note as well?
Downloaded it again - identical.
I was using the link given here, downoloaded from drive, google, drive!
The same firmware's version is used for Max2 and Note, but for each device a specific firmware exist, you must choose the firmware for the Note.
Old 08-10-2018, 04:10 AM   #27
parkher
Evangelist
parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Oh, so it is a bit misleading. This thread is named "New Firmware 1.9.0 Max2 & Note" and then a link is given directly to the google drive. One link, not two different links. I could have bricked it.
Anyway, it worked with the correct firmware, thanks.
Although not without some excitement: at the end the home page showed up and a box popped up: "Android updating. Finishing to boot" - again, or something like that. And I was waiting for a long long time for it to finish. I already thought that indeed android would be updated from 6.0.1 to 6.0.2 or something.
Finally, Note went to sleep. After closing and opening the cover, it woke up already without that stuck pop-up window. Everything seems to be OK.

Last edited by parkher; 08-10-2018 at 04:14 AM.
Old 08-11-2018, 02:07 AM   #28
parkher
Evangelist

One less pre-installed app with 1.9.0? Or I have accidentally uninstalled something.

Last edited by parkher; 08-11-2018 at 04:08 AM.