Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 01-22-2018, 02:04 PM   #31
raindog89
Connoisseur
raindog89 can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.raindog89 can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.raindog89 can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.raindog89 can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.raindog89 can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.raindog89 can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.raindog89 can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.raindog89 can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.raindog89 can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.raindog89 can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.raindog89 can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kobo Clara HD & Nook Glowlight 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by nellie27 View Post
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I turned the nook 180 degrees around in the case and the hinge is on the right. Now my dominant hand has a solid grip on the case. The original cutout area for the charging cable is now on top, at the power button.
I never realized I could flip it around like that. It's good to have that as an option. Thanks!
raindog89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 04:05 PM   #32
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by raindog89 View Post
I never realized I could flip it around like that. It's good to have that as an option. Thanks!
I bought the same cover and accidentally put it on upside down like that.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-01-2018, 01:29 PM   #33
nellie27
Connoisseur
nellie27 doesn't litternellie27 doesn't litter

Device: Galaxy Tab A, Boox Nova Air C
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
I bought the same cover and accidentally put it on upside down like that.
That's funny. You're an honorary left-handed person now.
nellie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 06:52 PM   #34
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
I briefly saw a mention that Flintie PowerShell case has magnetic on/off for Glo3. However, B&N doesn't mention magnetic on off feature. Could the ad just be mistaken that the CASE has a magnetic closure and it has nothing to do with on off.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 03:02 PM   #35
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nellie27 View Post
That's funny. You're an honorary left-handed person now.
I've always felt sinister.
Advert
Old 02-08-2018, 08:19 PM   #36
javyn
Enthusiast
javyn began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Are there any of of the clear screen protectors/covers for this? I haven't seen any. I'm assuming maybe they won't work since the screen is IR now?
javyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 10:17 AM   #37
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by javyn View Post
Are there any of of the clear screen protectors/covers for this? I haven't seen any. I'm assuming maybe they won't work since the screen is IR now?
I don't think a screen protector is worth the time or money.

Sorry. I know that wasn't especially helpful.
Old 02-09-2018, 09:31 PM   #38
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I placed a clear screen protector from an older Nook over the GL3 (without installing) and found that it doesn't respond very well to touch. Too thick maybe? So, sadly, a case or sleeve are your only options.

I put screen protectors on lots of devices. Dramatically reduces scratches on things taken out of the house. Usage (and dropsies) vary from person to person. In my household, I also have feline assistance. I've never had a screen protector or case for my K3s, but I think I was just fortunate.

Last edited by Tarana; 02-11-2018 at 01:44 PM.
Old 02-13-2018, 10:25 AM   #39
javyn
Enthusiast

Thanks. I figured the IR touch would have made it pointless.

I'm not too clumsy with my devices, but I like the protectors anyway. They have yet to save me from any scratches, but I sleep better at night having them LOL

I upgraded to this from the original Simple Touch, but I remember when the first Glowlight came out, there were many complaints about the screen being very fragile and cracking easily.

I hope that issue has been corrected since then.
Old 02-13-2018, 02:00 PM   #40
Tarana
Wizard

I bought both the cover from Barnes and Noble and the one from Flitie. I'll give you a brief review when the Flitie gets here. The Barnes and Noble cover is nice, I chose the one that looks a bit like William Morris pattern. The cover does not STAY closed, so you use an elastic band to close it for travel. When the band wears out, it looks like you can remove it from its glued on place inside the tablet and replace it (need more glue though). The unit snaps in quite nicely. The big advantage is that when you open the cover and bend it back to read, the inside of the cover has that rubbery stuff which makes it slide proof. I love that feature!
Old 02-13-2018, 03:56 PM   #41
Calenorn
Brash Fumbler
Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NST, Kobo Mini
I'm using this with the Glowlight 3. Very happy so far.

Calenorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 11:22 PM   #42
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calenorn View Post
I'm using this with the Glowlight 3. Very happy so far.

I think Fintie makes great, economical, cases.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 09:32 PM   #43
Tarana
Wizard

Got the case today from Ebay. It's made by Flintie. Psuedo leather I think. It does have a magnetic closure which is nice. Cover folds over to the back, but not as flat as the B&N case. Roughly the same weight as the B&N case, but it's thicker which is more protective if it falls.

B&N case is thinner, so works very well in a purse that has a slot for your ereader. The elastic strap makes it a better choice if you put your reader in the main part of a backpack. Otherwise, if protection is your goal, I think the Flintie case works for 1/2 the price.
Old 02-16-2018, 09:59 AM   #44
javyn
Enthusiast

I got this cover, but in red (can't find it anymore on BN website). Quite happy with it.

Got it during the sale when it was like 15 bucks.
Old 02-16-2018, 10:17 AM   #45
Tarana
Wizard

Quote:
I got this cover, but in red (can't find it anymore on BN website).

Got it during the sale when it was like 15 bucks.
Yep, that's the one I have. Also $15 (plus tax).