Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-22-2022, 08:15 AM   #1
Bertrand
Zealot
Bertrand began at the beginning.

Device: None
CLI - calibredb export : how to export only books with a specific tag ?

calibre 5.37, Windows 10 21H2

I run regularly a batch file to export all my books. It works great but now I'd like to add a second export, but only for books having a specific tag.

Looking at the calibredb doc, I see no options to exclude/include tags.
So, is it possible or not ?

If not, any work around via the command line ?

Thanks.
Bertrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2022, 11:42 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertrand View Post
calibre 5.37, Windows 10 21H2

I run regularly a batch file to export all my books. It works great but now I'd like to add a second export, but only for books having a specific tag.

Looking at the calibredb doc, I see no options to exclude/include tags.
So, is it possible or not ?

If not, any work around via the command line ?

Thanks.
does this work for you?

Code:
calibredb --search tags:<the-tag-list-here>
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-23-2022, 05:30 AM   #3
Bertrand
Zealot

Thanks for your answer.
Unfortunately, no, it doesn't work. There's no --search option in the export command.
It would be great to have some kind of filters when exporting.

But, you gave me an idea : according to the doc :
"calibredb search - The output format is useful to feed into other commands that accept a list of ids as input.""

So
Code:
calibredb search tags:"my tag"
give me all the ids I want

then
Code:
calibredb export id1,id2,etc --to-dir "I:\test"
and I get what I want.

Now the problem is, how do I pass this (big!) list of ids to the export command, in a batch file...
I'll have to think about it

Thanks !
Old 02-23-2022, 07:41 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Someone who understands my Sig
I pointed you to an idea, you put it together and learned how to do more
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2022, 04:30 PM   #5
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
. . .
Now the problem is, how do I pass this (big!) list of ids to the export command, in a batch file...
I'll have to think about it

Thanks !
|'d use a (big!) pipe

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-24-2022, 07:46 AM   #6
thiago.eec
Guru
thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
On Windows, the batch file would look like this:

Code:
FOR /F "tokens=*" %%g IN ('calibredb search tags:"my tag"') do (SET IDS=%%g)
calibredb export %IDS% --to-dir "I:\test"
thiago.eec is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2022, 10:40 AM   #7
Bertrand
Zealot

Thanks.
That's what I ended up doing, using a for loop (the (big!) pipe didn't worked, thanks BetterRed

Now, it's working... partially.
One problem remains : some of my tags have spaces in their name, and I get strange results, or no result at all (nothing is exported).

For example : "Langue française"
In my library, I have 66 books with this tag, only 9 of them are exported.
"Littérature étrangère", 1057 books, only one book exported.
"Récits de voyages", 67 books, 4 books exported.

All other books having a tag with a single word are correctly exported, so I suspect the space in the name to be the culprit ?

Code:
set destfolder=I:\test
set searchtag="Littérature française"

calibre -s

del /s /q %destfolder% > nul

for /f %%A in ('calibredb search tags:"%searchtag%"') do (
calibredb export %%A ^
 --dont-asciiize --dont-save-cover --dont-write-opf ^
 --to-dir %destfolder% --progress ^
 --template "{author_sort} - {series}{series_index:0>2s|  | - } {title}"
  )
Old 02-24-2022, 11:01 AM   #8
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
You need to escape the quotes with backslashes, like this.
Code:
set searchtag=Alternate history
for /f %%A in ('calibredb search tags:\"%searchtag%\"') do (echo %%A)
You probably also want to put an equals in front of %searchtag% to force exact matching, as in
Code:
set searchtag=Alternate history
for /f %%A in ('calibredb search tags:\"=%searchtag%\"') do (echo %%A)
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2022, 07:13 AM   #9
Bertrand
Zealot

Great !
Now everything's fine.

Thanks to all