Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 05-07-2021, 07:22 PM   #1
romad
U.S. Air Force, Retired
romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!romad , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: iPad Mini 5 & Mini 6
Extremely Long Conversion PDF -> EPUB

I'm in the process of adding a trilogy to Calibre for conversion to EPUB. The problem is no single site had all 3 books: I got #3 from Project Gutenberg, #1 is from Kindle, and #2 is from Google Play.

The Project Gutenberg PDF converted just fine, the Kindle one should convert without a problem, but I'm having a problem with the Google Play PDF. First I had to delete about 25 blank and other unnecessary pages from the PDF, then I imported it into Calibre and started conversion. After about 20 minutes I cancelled the job because I suspect the PDF size (49MB) is what was causing the slowdown. How long should converting that size ebook to EPUB take?
romad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 09:29 PM   #2
retiredbiker
Addict
retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle KB, Oasis, Ubuntu, Jutoh,Kobo Forma
20 minutes isn't long for a pdf conversion--3 or 4 days might be. All depends on what is inside the pdf, which could be anything. Let it run a while, and while it's running have a look at the Sticky post about converting pdfs: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=118605
retiredbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert