Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 04-07-2021, 11:40 AM   #1
seby
seby began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mars
Any 10"+ eink reader with SD card?

I currently own a Likebook Mars, loaded with a 512GB SD card (I read a lot of PDF and comics). I am totally happy with it but I'd like to upgrade to a reader with a bigger screen.
My 'must-have' requirements are the presence of an SD card reader and Android OS (and 10" size, obviously).
I've been thinking of upgrading to the Likebook Alita, but I see that it's now been taken off market on AliExpress (not sure if it's also off production), as it's been replaced by the P10 which I dislike (it doesn't have an SD card slot, and it's also quite heavy).
Is there any 10" eink reader left in the market with an SD card slot? I can't find any.
Thanks
seby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 12:51 PM   #2
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 6/14, Like-/Meebook 2/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by seby View Post
I currently own a Likebook Mars, loaded with a 512GB SD card (I read a lot of PDF and comics). I am totally happy with it but I'd like to upgrade to a reader with a bigger screen.
My 'must-have' requirements are the presence of an SD card reader and Android OS (and 10" size, obviously).
I've been thinking of upgrading to the Likebook Alita, but I see that it's now been taken off market on AliExpress (not sure if it's also off production), as it's been replaced by the P10 which I dislike (it doesn't have an SD card slot, and it's also quite heavy).
I have asked at the Likebook store about Alita
Quote:
Will you get Likebook Alita again?
And will shipping from Spain be possible again?
and got the information,
Quote:
hello, yes.. alita still have but hold in Germany custom already 3 months,
So the device still exists
Quote:
Originally Posted by seby
Is there any 10" eink reader left in the market with an SD card slot? I can't find any.
Dasung Not-eReader 103 -fantastic technology, but also fantastic price
ottischwenk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 01:17 PM   #3
seby
seby began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mars
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
I have asked at the Likebook store about Alitaand got the information, So the device still existsDasung Not-eReader 103 -fantastic technology, but also fantastic price
Thanks for asking! I guess I'll wait until it comes back. And yes, the Dasung is definitely too pricy for my pockets
seby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 02:48 PM   #4
viceant
Addict
viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-t1, Boyue Likebook Plus (T80s), Boyue Likebook Mimas
Alita replaced with P10? It doesn't make sense. Likebook has been improving its devices' hardware: Likebook Plus --> Ares, Mimas -->Alita
viceant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 03:43 PM   #5
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by viceant View Post
Likebook Plus --> Ares,
Oh no!
Plus -> Mars -> Muses -> Ares
Old 04-11-2021, 09:08 AM   #6
viceant
Addict
viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Oh no!
Plus -> Mars -> Muses -> Ares
Ok, I didn't search much, but you do confirm my guesses.
Old 04-11-2021, 10:01 AM   #7
ottischwenk
Wizard

Quote:
Ok, I didn't search much, but you do confirm my guesses.
I can't say anything about it except that P10 is not an improvement over Alita:
- weaker CPU,
- less RAM,
- 64 GB, but no SD port,
- not Wacom,
- lower resolution,
- no Mobius,
- heavier.
But it is cheaper for that.
Old 04-12-2021, 01:04 AM   #8
viceant
Addict

Quote:
I can't say anything about it except that P10 is not an improvement over Alita:
- weaker CPU,
- less RAM,
- 64 GB, but no SD port,
- not Wacom,
- lower resolution,
- no Mobius,
- heavier.
But it is cheaper for that.
Ok, but, what do you think about it?
Old 04-12-2021, 02:14 AM   #9
ottischwenk
Wizard

Quote:
Ok, but, what do you think about it?
The device offers no advantages over my Boox Note Air and Likebook Alita except for 64 GB and the lower price.
It is uninteresting for me.
Old 04-12-2021, 12:49 PM   #10
viceant
Addict

Quote:
The device offers no advantages over my Boox Note Air and Likebook Alita except for 64 GB and the lower price.
It is uninteresting for me.
Yes, but, do you think it'll be the last movement of 10" readers from Boyue?
Old 04-12-2021, 01:36 PM   #11
ottischwenk
Wizard

Quote:
Yes, but, do you think it'll be the last movement of 10" readers from Boyue?
I don't know.
P6 and Likebook Mars are very similar in the casing area.
P10 does not fit there.
Likebook Ares and Likebook Alita, on the other hand, are similar.
P10 does not fit there either.
I have no idea how the development of Likebook will continue.
Old 04-13-2021, 11:56 PM   #12
ottischwenk
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by seby View Post
Look here.
Old 04-23-2021, 01:16 AM   #13
viceant
Addict

Alita isn't sold any more and Likebook has been following Boox' path. So I guess they're now preparing something big, may be a 10" color with Kaleido 2 because improving B/W ereader like Note 3 isn't worth.

Enviado desde mi M2102J20SG mediante Tapatalk
Old 04-23-2021, 03:31 AM   #14
ottischwenk
Wizard

Quote:
Alita isn't sold any more
Obviously, you either didn't read or didn't understand the post above yours.
Quote:
and Likebook has been following Boox' path
Also wrong - the P6 has an SD slot.

Last edited by ottischwenk; 04-23-2021 at 03:34 AM.
Old 04-23-2021, 11:05 AM   #15
viceant
Addict

Quote:
Obviously, you either didn't read or didn't understand the post above yours.
Also wrong - the P6 has an SD slot.
Yes, I understood it, but that is a store with stock, but the device isn't being sold anywhere but there. I guess Likebook has stopped its production.

I meant Likebook has been improving its devices like Boox